The Student Room Group

Shaving down there for swimming

So I am going swimming for the first time since I was a kid and I'm wondering whether to shave and where as I don't want the embarrassment of my pubic hair sticking out my swim costume, any advice?
for me, i just trim the hair, as shaving should be a perosnal choice. it's ridiculous to think that people (especially women) have to even consider doing something like this. i thought we are all mature around here?!

what's the occasion?
Reply 2
Just tuck it all in
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
for me, i just trim the hair, as shaving should be a perosnal choice. it's ridiculous to think that people (especially women) have to even consider doing something like this. i thought we are all mature around here?!

what's the occasion?

I just don't want to be laughed at, this happened to my friend
I just don't want to be laughed at, this happened to my friend

i'm sorry that happened to your friend, and no-one should be having the fear that you have. you could always wear a swimsuit that has small shorts, or just wear swim shorts instead
Reply 5
Not female (assume that you might be) but if you don’t shave as a personal choice, and are simply worried about “rogue hair” then just trim it.
It is down to choice. Shaving just before swimming might not be ideal. A bit of a trim never hurt anyone.
Reply 6
i'm sorry that happened to your friend, and no-one should be having the fear that you have. you could always wear a swimsuit that has small shorts, or just wear swim shorts instead

Thanks I did manage to get one like that it helped massively
Reply 7
I don't have any idea about it
So I am going swimming for the first time since I was a kid and I'm wondering whether to shave and where as I don't want the embarrassment of my pubic hair sticking out my swim costume, any advice?

Bro just knot that **** up
Get some shorts to put over your swim costume

just shave everything or the long bits/bits that are going to be seen. if it helps, put your swimming costume on and see which bits you need to shave or parts that stick out and go from there. if you know theres a chance of you getting embarrassed, just do it. Its better for you to do it and be glad you've done it than to not have done it and be upset.
Shaving isn't the end of the world like some people think it is
Just trim the hair or shave your bikini line
just shave everything or the long bits/bits that are going to be seen. if it helps, put your swimming costume on and see which bits you need to shave or parts that stick out and go from there. if you know theres a chance of you getting embarrassed, just do it. Its better for you to do it and be glad you've done it than to not have done it and be upset.
Shaving isn't the end of the world like some people think it is

This is what I do, I put my costume on and shave anything that sticks out, mind you I got embarrassed a couple years ago as I didn't realise the swim costume I had was a bit see through down there
Look on the bright side it could be worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84qUAWT8jVk
Original post by Anonymous #1

I m the same

Quick Reply

Latest