The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
There have been four aired already in the US, the next one is later this evening (25th).
Reply 1881
Waiting till the whole season has been broadcast... Watching 1 episode a week is absolutely no way to watch 24.
Ewan
Waiting till the whole season has been broadcast... Watching 1 episode a week is absolutely no way to watch 24.

I know :frown:
This is the first series that I've started to watch on Sky!
Reply 1883
Noble.
There have been four aired already in the US, the next one is later this evening (25th).

Am I missing something? I thought Sky only showed 2 eps last night :confused:
Halrick
Am I missing something? I thought Sky only showed 2 eps last night :confused:

Yes, you missed the words 'in the US' in the post you quoted aka Fox Television for the internet download thieeeefs :cool:
Reply 1885
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Yes, you missed the words 'in the US' in the post you quoted aka Fox Television for the internet download thieeeefs :cool:

Ah. I took it to mean that four have been aired in the US and the next one for the UK was on last night :o:
I love 24, have done since the beginning and from my experience, you will think it is predictable in the first couple of episodes and then they will hit you with something completely unexpected. Its gonna be 24 episodes long, obviously, you have no idea what is going to happen really. Yeah, there were some moments in last nights episodes which I predicted but that doesn't mean it isn't going to get better. Plus, this is series 8! Its pretty impossible for it to live up to the standards of awesomeness set by series 1 and 3! Either way, its still my favourite show and seeing as how this is likely to be the last series I intend to enjoy it.
I wasn't impressed with the first 2 episodes to be honest. OK it always takes a while to get things going, but it was all very predictable. I'm sure it'll change though...
Bauer is back,on top form.
Though I am not vibing this new look CTU in New York,they should bring back the old school CTU team.
Also Chloe was on top form,as she usually is...
Ewan

This. :wink:
Ewan

You're right that being able to watch all the episodes together is the best way, but that would mean waiting ~6 months. I don't think that I could resist it for that long! :o:

US pace:

Spoiler

Reply 1891
Illusionary
You're right that being able to watch all the episodes together is the best way, but that would mean waiting ~6 months. I don't think that I could resist it for that long! :o:

US pace:

Spoiler

Meh there are other shows out there. 24 isn't that special anymore :p: I wouldn't of thought about it unless I read this thread.
Ewan
Meh there are other shows out there. 24 isn't that special anymore :p: I wouldn't of thought about it unless I read this thread.

Which is why watching only one episode a week isn't too bad! :p:

I still consider a new series of 24 an event, and it remains one of my favourite shows. Admittedly, that could because I loved the format from the start and so am biased towards following any new series, but Jack remains a great character IMO and I've got quite a lot invested in following him as a character. :yep:
the first section of 6-7 episodes are normally good. Its approx 7-20 that are a bit ****, then it normally picks up again toward the end

They havent had a story that is worthy of 24 hours yet. most of them could (and are) done and dusted by about 15 episodes generally and then a new arc starts.
Clubber Lang
the first section of 6-7 episodes are normally good. Its approx 7-20 that are a bit ****, then it normally picks up again toward the end

They havent had a story that is worthy of 24 hours yet. most of them could (and are) done and dusted by about 15 episodes generally and then a new arc starts.

I'd probably have to agree with you there, though the last season (season 7) came very close IMO, but lost its way a bit at the end...

Spoiler

The first season could well have managed it all the way, if they'd planned for 24 episodes from the beginning. :rolleyes:
Clubber Lang

My thoughts exactly :smile:

I didn't find Episode 5 that interesting, losing my interest already.
Newest US epsidoes - 10pm-11pm

Spoiler

8-9pm was boring as hell :colonhash: I'm really not enjoying this season so far - the plot (while being quite topical) just isn't gripping enough.
Reply 1898

Spoiler

:toofunny: :hmmmm: :no:

That sums up my thoughts on last nights episode.

Quick Reply

Latest