The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Diaz89
That's what men presume, why else would you be showing so much skin if you weren't courting the opposite sex's attention, are you doing it for other women? of course not. It's ludicrous for you to say it makes you "feel good".....yeah I'm sure wearing a mini skit at sub zero temperatures on a friday night makes you feel good :rolleyes:

This is clearly ********, you dress for the most part the way you do because you want attention and praise from other people. Had this not been the cause, you and most other girls wouldn't be wearing make up, you wouldn't be wearing short cut tops and yes, short skirts. All of these things are not designed to appeal to yourself, I don't know what gratification you recieve from showing your cleavage to other men, other than appealing to his/their sexual yearnings.

Guys can do the same thing though, isnt that wrong.

If I blow-dry my hair, wear expensive cologne, get a nice chest and abs and wear a tank top that shows off my arms that makes girls go wet between their legs.

Is that wrong for a guy to do?

Youve got the Quran wrong man, the Quran says that both male and female 'should lower our gaze' more importantly than covering up, since a man only needs to be covered in shorts, and women dress modestly except 'what ordinarily must appear of' (which im guessing includes must be the face - hence Burqa is not islamic in English culture, since the face must ordinarily appear in English culture, therefore covering the face is UN-ISILAMIC)

Conclusion: Quran says you should stop being a little perv, then depend on people to cover up, must be hard for you, since you cant even look at your own mother without having unlawful thoughts. (your own thread- really shot yourself in the foot there bro)
Diaz89
This is clearly ********, you dress for the most part the way you do because you want attention and praise from other people. Had this not been the cause, you and most other girls wouldn't be wearing make up, you wouldn't be wearing short cut tops and yes, short skirts. All of these things are not designed to appeal to yourself, I don't know what gratification you recieve from showing your cleavage to other men, other than appealing to his/their sexual yearnings.

Well duh. And whats wrong with that?
i wouldn't disagree with the ban completely.
i think there's a sort of double standard in terms of wearing the burqa at least in terms of other countries where it's strictly implemented. like with saudi arabia where a small flash of skin would get you stoned so no i don't think it's wrong for belgium to enforce that the burqa should not be worn at least they're still allowing their people to cover up just not with the burqa.
Annoying-Mouse

As a non-muslim, I was just wondering what 'good deed' is? I've never heard of Islam favouring a certain type of clothing for women, so just curious :smile:.
concubine
I kinda agree with this sentiment.

If you're gonna be a brain dead moron and follow an organised religion at least have the balls to do it properly.

Exactly. If I am in the nation of Islam, I am not going to say that white people should live. I am going to express my anger towards them. If I am a Muslim, why should I act liberal to please the westerners.

*Nation of Islam is a racist religious group.
Antonia87

You shouldnt have said that. He's now about to rain insults on western women :no:
Reply 86
SelfishGiant
How do you know I'm even interested in men? I am, but that's a little presumptuous. I know people who have vowed to stay celibate until marriage who wear short skirts. I know people who haven't that stay "covered up" at all times.

It's quite evident, please dress differently for different things, laws were shaped around this. In the Victorian era you get arressted for showing your legs in this country, in the 1970, women weren't allowed to show their stomachs.

And I refuse to let you or anyone else judge me on what I choose to wear. I don't even think I dress provocatively, but that's besides the point. Whatever I wear, whether it be a burka or a low cut micro minidress (it's neither, btw) I should be free to do so, without others passing judgements about my sexlife, morals or anything else. And without anyone arresting me.

What you refuse is irrelavent, it's a fact of life.

Nothing I do is to satisfy men. I am a dedicated feminist and I do not alter my behaviour to suit men.

Aah that's where I wanted to get at.....exactly as I thought :nah:
Tsukuyomi
You shouldnt have said that. He's now about to rain insults on western women :no:

And I will continue to show my cleavage, or legs and **** men and women regardless.
Reply 88
Antonia87

We have extremely different values and morals :rolleyes:.
.PaperDoll.
As a non-muslim, I was just wondering what 'good deed' is? I've never heard of Islam favouring a certain type of clothing for women, so just curious :smile:.

Good deed is just extra deeds that you get in your right arm I believe. The angels have this kind of book and they right your good deed and bad deed. For example, I am a Muslim can pray five times a day, he will get good deeds. Another may pray five times a day and pray sunnah (extra prayers) and he will get more deed than the first person.
Reply 90
S_123
No I meant that men don't have to cover up - only women - which I don't think is fair :no:

Men also have rules you know when it comes to dress. Rules are not simply for women. For example, men:
- cannot wear clothes that are completely red
- cannot wear gold or silk
- are recommended to wear white
- disliked/forbidden to wear clothes below ankles (scholars differ)
- desirable to cover their heads according to some scholars
- cannot wear clothes that give impression of vanity
Diaz89
We have extremely different values and morals :rolleyes:.

You dont know what mine are.
Reply 92
Diaz89
Those desiring to show extra skin are desiring something else

(1) Not necessarily (2) So what? That doesn't make them 'slags', assuming of course that we acknowledge that term. For example, I don't accept the term 'slag'. It is a sexist word that is based on the belief that sex, a natural act, is bad.

Diaz89
the weather excuse can't be used in this country.

That depends on the time of year. August in London can be hot. :smile:
Diaz89
It's quite evident, please dress differently for different things, laws were shaped around this. In the Victorian era you get arressted for showing your legs in this country, in the 1970, women weren't allowed to show their stomachs.

What you refuse is irrelavent, it's a fact of life.

Aah that's where I wanted to get at.....exactly as I thought :nah:

Obviously I dress differently for different things - I wouldn't turn up to a job interview in what I'd wear for going to a party, I wouldn't turn up to the gym in the same clothes I'd wear to go to sleep. That's just common sense.

And, I'm sorry, I see no reason why feminism is considered a bad thing? :confused:
Good ... Why is it that if someone who does not believe in Islam goes to an Islamic country like Dubai, and if we even enter the country with a bible we are jailed ... Hypocrites and they come to places like the UK and don't just want to wear a burkha, they want as many mosques as they can get ... if we dared to even apply for planning permission for a small church in their country, I think you'd be more than dead ...
Reply 95
S_123
Isn't that already banned?

Yes, it is banned. The question, however, is whether you are also against the ban on going naked in public as you are against the ban on the burka.
Diaz89
Jail women for covering up, freedom of expression indeed. Next we shall go to Afghanistan and tell them how to treat women. :rolleyes:.

This...

The whole thing is just ridiculous.
Reply 97
Antonia87
You dont know what mine are.

From opinions as your previous one and others, I can safely state that I stand by my statement.
Reply 98
adam_zed
The idea that because that girl wears a short skirt she is reinforcing the idea that SHE herself is a slag.

That is your opinion, yes? I mean, I don't even accept the term 'slag'. It is a word used by (a) sexist people (b) the sexually repressed. Furthermore, I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman wearing a short skirt.
Reply 99
kiwietnana
Good ... Why is it that if someone who does not believe in Islam goes to an Islamic country like Dubai, and if we even enter the country with a bible we are jailed ... Hypocrites and they come to places like the UK and don't just want to wear a burkha, they want as many mosques as they can get ... if we dared to even apply for planning permission for a small church in their country, I think you'd be more than dead ...

You sure? Dubai is quite liberal. It even has lots of churches:

http://www.saintmarysdubai.com/
http://uccdubai.com/

Latest

Trending

Trending