The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Last year, my school had a healthy number of As and A*. Aside from a few, nobody got under a C which was surprising because our school doesn't discriminate on ability.

I think i messed up big on the first paper although probably not as badly as one of my classmates that thought the Russian Revolution (Tsar-Lenin) was on the first paper.
Oh I did Edexcel History as I recall - what coursework topics did you guys have?
Reply 3
think i messed up big on the first paper

i did the same for paper 2!!
Reply 4
Oh I did Edexcel History as I recall - what coursework topics did you guys have?

Paper 1 - Indian Independence and The USA 1941-80
Paper 2 - Nazi Germany and Conflict in Vietnam

What about you?
Exam :

Paper 1: America & The Divided Union
Paper 2: Nazi Germany and Conflict in Vietnam

Coursework:

The Blitz
Votes for Women
Reply 6
how did u find the sources paper??
Reply 7
I did the shools history project specification and did:
paper 1 - Nazi Germany and Medicine through time
paper 2 (sources) - Medicine through time

coursework:
factory reform
holocaust
Not too bad - but once again I felt rushed and unable to complete the questions to the very best of my ability in the time allotted, that also going for the other paper. Plus of course we had the huge disturbance of candidates who didn't have the enthusiasm nor the attention span to sit the 2 hour exam leaving half an hour in :mad:
Reply 9
Not too bad - but once again I felt rushed and unable to complete the questions to the very best of my ability in the time allotted

i know, there is no way that 1hour 45 is sufficient to complete that exam. i rushed the essays so much, i was quite disappointed with that exam.
Reply 10
I did:
Paper 1 - Medicine Through Time and American West
Paper 2 - Medicine Through Time (felt that time was just a bit too short on this sources paper, as it takes you time to analyse sourses and then write about them)

Coursework: Prohibition and Cuban Missile Crisis.
Yes, but then again I always find History marking unpredictable :p:. You may be pleasantly surprised! Do you have any ideas about grade boundaries for Edexcel?
Reply 12
Paper 2 - Medicine Through Time (felt that time was just a bit too short on this sources paper, as it takes you time to analyse sourses and then write about them)

thankyou
Reply 13
I took History with Edexcel if I remember correctly and I really, really enjoyed it. It was probably my favourite subject out of everything! For coursework we did Northern Ireland and The 60's which was pretty super. It's awesome in my opinion. :smile:

The only thing is that I thought that in the source paper, the time given is nowhere near enough time. I felt I was rushing to finish. Many people in my class at school had to leave questions out!
Wow everyone's courseworks seems to be so much more interesting! I think I would have liked Medicine Through Time by the sounds of it...
Reply 15
Medicine through time wasn't coursework, just an exam. Was quite good but I didn't like it as much as Nazi Germany, because Germany was more in depth while medicine covered a much wider time scale.
~Bex~
Medicine through time wasn't coursework, just an exam. Was quite good but I didn't like it as much as Nazi Germany, because Germany was more in depth while medicine covered a much wider time scale.

Ah I see :smile:
Reply 17
The only thing is that I thought that in the source paper, the time given is nowhere near enough time. I felt I was rushing to finish. Many people in my class at school had to leave questions out!

:ditto:

i did northern ireland aswell, did u enjoy it because i couldnt stand it!!
Reply 18
smudger99
:ditto:

i did northern ireland aswell, did u enjoy it because i couldnt stand it!!

I thought it was great if I'm honest. Really interesting!

I got A* in both :biggrin: Mega happy 'bout that!
Reply 19
I thought it was great if I'm honest. Really interesting!

I got A* in both Mega happy 'bout that!

yea me 2 and i think that the paper 1 was fine but the source paper i just found was quite dodgey and i couldnt manage my timing in the slightest!!

Latest