Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wondering how difficult it is to get a good grade on edexcel history?

ReputationRep:
    Last year, my school had a healthy number of As and A*. Aside from a few, nobody got under a C which was surprising because our school doesn't discriminate on ability.

I think i messed up big on the first paper although probably not as badly as one of my classmates that thought the Russian Revolution (Tsar-Lenin) was on the first paper.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did Edexcel History as I recall - what coursework topics did you guys have?

ReputationRep:
    think i messed up big on the first paper
    i did the same for paper 2!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I did Edexcel History as I recall - what coursework topics did you guys have?
    Paper 1 - Indian Independence and The USA 1941-80
    Paper 2 - Nazi Germany and Conflict in Vietnam

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Exam :

Paper 1: America & The Divided Union
    Paper 2: Nazi Germany and Conflict in Vietnam

Coursework:

The Blitz
    Votes for Women

ReputationRep:
    how did u find the sources paper??

ReputationRep:
    I did the shools history project specification and did:
    paper 1 - Nazi Germany and Medicine through time
    paper 2 (sources) - Medicine through time

coursework:
    factory reform
    holocaust

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad - but once again I felt rushed and unable to complete the questions to the very best of my ability in the time allotted, that also going for the other paper. Plus of course we had the huge disturbance of candidates who didn't have the enthusiasm nor the attention span to sit the 2 hour exam leaving half an hour in :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad - but once again I felt rushed and unable to complete the questions to the very best of my ability in the time allotted
    i know, there is no way that 1hour 45 is sufficient to complete that exam. i rushed the essays so much, i was quite disappointed with that exam.

ReputationRep:
    I did:
    Paper 1 - Medicine Through Time and American West
    Paper 2 - Medicine Through Time (felt that time was just a bit too short on this sources paper, as it takes you time to analyse sourses and then write about them)

Coursework: Prohibition and Cuban Missile Crisis.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but then again I always find History marking unpredictable :p:. You may be pleasantly surprised! Do you have any ideas about grade boundaries for Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2 - Medicine Through Time (felt that time was just a bit too short on this sources paper, as it takes you time to analyse sourses and then write about them)
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I took History with Edexcel if I remember correctly and I really, really enjoyed it. It was probably my favourite subject out of everything! For coursework we did Northern Ireland and The 60's which was pretty super. It's awesome in my opinion.

The only thing is that I thought that in the source paper, the time given is nowhere near enough time. I felt I was rushing to finish. Many people in my class at school had to leave questions out!

ReputationRep:
    Wow everyone's courseworks seems to be so much more interesting! I think I would have liked Medicine Through Time by the sounds of it...

ReputationRep:
    Medicine through time wasn't coursework, just an exam. Was quite good but I didn't like it as much as Nazi Germany, because Germany was more in depth while medicine covered a much wider time scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    Medicine through time wasn't coursework, just an exam. Was quite good but I didn't like it as much as Nazi Germany, because Germany was more in depth while medicine covered a much wider time scale.
    Ah I see

ReputationRep:
    The only thing is that I thought that in the source paper, the time given is nowhere near enough time. I felt I was rushing to finish. Many people in my class at school had to leave questions out!
    :ditto:

i did northern ireland aswell, did u enjoy it because i couldnt stand it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudger99)
    :ditto:

i did northern ireland aswell, did u enjoy it because i couldnt stand it!!
    I thought it was great if I'm honest. Really interesting!

I got A* in both Mega happy 'bout that!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was great if I'm honest. Really interesting!

I got A* in both Mega happy 'bout that!
    yea me 2 and i think that the paper 1 was fine but the source paper i just found was quite dodgey and i couldnt manage my timing in the slightest!!

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.