The Student Room Group

OCR AS Geography - Human - May 25th 2010

Howdy!

How'd everyone find the paper? Personally it was good apart fom the last 25 marker (I did it on Tourism) I didn't write a lot (only 3 pages) so I think I lost some marks there unforunatelt! Got a 76% last year, God Willing I'll get 85% this time round! The short questions were wonderful, I loved them (Did Urban and Energy for short btw)

So what are your views!?
Reply 1
Urban essay was very similar to last year's one. The tourism & rural questions weren't tragic, not too hard but also not 100% easy.

I preferred this one to the one on Friday (Physical)
Reply 2
Finchux
Urban essay was very similar to last year's one. The tourism & rural questions weren't tragic, not too hard but also not 100% easy.

I preferred this one to the one on Friday (Physical)

Physical was ok, I liked Fridays one more than last years (I could actually talk about Cirques this year!)

What one did you do for Long?
Reply 3
I thought the human paper was horrible! Did energy essay, tourism and rural short Qs... felt like i was making it up on the spot, the essay was probs the only good part!
much preferred friday's physical paper :smile:
Reply 4
hamzab
Physical was ok, I liked Fridays one more than last years (I could actually talk about Cirques this year!)

What one did you do for Long?

Human - Urban Essay, Rural & Tourism short.
Physical - Coastal Essay, Rivers & Cold Env' short.
Reply 5
ylime_2
I thought the human paper was horrible! Did energy essay, tourism and rural short Qs... felt like i was making it up on the spot, the essay was probs the only good part!
much preferred friday's physical paper :smile:

Exactly how I felt! I did the same topics as you: Rural short, Tourism Short and Energy essay.

I really disliked that question on traffic and the essay was worded quite oddly. I don't think I did as well as I would have liked to.
Looking forward to retakes in January!
Reply 6
I know the traffic Q was like WHAAAAAAAAT? i'd seen it on a past paper before, so i didn't think it would come up again...

Haha, I'm quitting it now :smile: Not going to carry it on next year no way.

Latest

Trending

Trending