The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

eh.. hard to say. Section A was alright, but i dont think i compared the poems as much as i should have, i mainly just wrote about each of them. And section B was going quite well until i realised i was using too much persuasive language instead of explanatory language :/
Reply 2
Couldn't have had better questions! So happy! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Is this thread spec b? I wrote about Jesus when asked to write about a person that influences me...hopefully the examiner is not too stringant
Reply 4
crap crap crap

The poems bit went alright though my conclusion was crap and I wrote a few massive paragroups comparing instead of alot of normal sized ones.

The describe bit was going well untill I realised I'd ran out of time >___________________________<
I finished but I didn't have time to check anything, so theres a 99% chance there are several things in there that don't make any sense :biggrin:
Reply 5
Weren't too good, made a stupd error with the time and ended up finishing after an hour and a quarter before realising I still had 15 minutes left..... Only did just under two pages for section B :/ Will I be punished?
Poems went really well, writing to describe - not really sure. My response was very random, so I hoped the examiner wants to see randomness =0
Reply 7
Hopefully not because I did the same amount >.<
Reply 8
What did everyone write about for describe a day in your childhood?

one of my friends wrote about when she was born o_O
Reply 9
Rassam
Is this thread spec b? I wrote about Jesus when asked to write about a person that influences me...hopefully the examiner is not too stringant

arghh this question was horrible how did they expect us to analyse this and put points for and against when they asked 4 someone who had a POSITIVE effect? it was terrible :frown:
Reply 10
Perseverance
writing to describe - not really sure. My response was very random, so I hoped the examiner wants to see randomness =0

My describe was so crap, I found it really hard to describe a day:s-smilie:
Reply 11
i did 1 and a half pages on both questions. any chance of 27/27 ? :frown: what is the minimum number of papers you write to get full marks?
I initially started the describing Q but then my description was turning into a story.. We got told not to make it sound like a story and so I foolishly decided to do writing to explain.. I have no idea what I needed to include so I just wrote about Celebrity influences, how they are negative role models.. does anyone actually know what the examiner is looking for in a explain type of answer please?
am i the only one that really hated it being about Limbo.. theres so little to write really!

Had fun writing to describe though :smile:
Reply 14
yashi2010
arghh this question was horrible how did they expect us to analyse this and put points for and against when they asked 4 someone who had a POSITIVE effect? it was terrible :frown:

Yeah :frown: but I just spoke about how it can be difficult to follow positive influences and why some people don't bother :s-smilie:
Reply 15
emma363
one of my friends wrote about when she was born o_O

Whhaaaaat?? How did she desribe that? :eek: :eek3: :eek:

ps. my name is Emma too..hehe snap :woo:
Reply 16
I think it went really well! Did better on the description task than the poetry though, I think anyway..
Reply 17
it was amazingggg
emma363
crap crap crap

The poems bit went alright though my conclusion was crap and I wrote a few massive paragroups comparing instead of alot of normal sized ones.

The describe bit was going well untill I realised I'd ran out of time >___________________________<
I finished but I didn't have time to check anything, so theres a 99% chance there are several things in there that don't make any sense :biggrin:

Argh, me too! At least we have the coursework to fall back on :smile:
Reply 19
anando
i did 1 and a half pages on both questions. any chance of 27/27 ? :frown: what is the minimum number of papers you write to get full marks?

There isn't. "Quality not quantity" :smile:

I basically did 1 and a half too. Nothing to worry about =]

It's all about a conceptualised response and detail. That can be achieved in one page really. It's just that writing a bit longer gives you more opportunity to have more ideas to cover up any mistakes. That's what I think anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending