The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
OK thats a bit worrying then!! I dont really have much in terms of a CV, ive only ever had two jobs! Id love to work at the cinema though, i originally applied to do keeles film and american studies course but they went and cancelled it!! tut.
So, when should i go about getting a job? as soon as i get there??
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
a cv isn't hard to write......10 minutes on a computer id guess. just make sure your previous jobs are alright with giving you a reference and then make one. then id start applying as soon as you get there.
Connexions will help you put a CV together.

While I'm here, use The Co-operative Bank (Smile and CIS are part of the same group) as they are very good! I've been with them for years.

Also, give blood - about an hour of your time (about 10 minutes for the actual donation) and you could help save a life!
Reply 23
going to connexions to put together a 2 page rough cv seems a bit excessive. most word processors have a cv template. use that.
use natwest, they have a branch on campus, and dont ask questions when you run out of money and need a bigger overdraft. i've used them for all my time at keele and they have been nothing short of, well, a bank. convenience wins. getting a bus to go cash a cheque loses.
I guys, I'm an 'official' (yes, oooh get me!) personal statement helper and I can also help you out with your CV if you fancy?
Connexions give you a form to fill in then they type it all up for you! It saves a time and effort.

I'm with Natwest for my student account but for everything else I've been with Co-op for years and they're great - so helpful! Their car insurance is one of the cheapest around.
Reply 26
Lunar_Scorpion
Connexions give you a form to fill in then they type it all up for you! It saves a time and effort.

I'm with Natwest for my student account but for everything else I've been with Co-op for years and they're great - so helpful! Their car insurance is one of the cheapest around.

hello, do u mean that there is a natwest cash point on campus so i can withdraw money out without howvin to go into the main town?? are there ne other cash points on campus? :smile:
Reply 27
ootish
hello, do u mean that there is a natwest cash point on campus so i can withdraw money out without howvin to go into the main town?? are there ne other cash points on campus? :smile:

Theres a Natwest branch at Keele, or so my Natwest told me.
Reply 28
There is a Natwest branch and cash points all down by the union next to Select and Save.

Latest