The Student Room Group

What is the best job read this???

What is the best job if you want a job that is fun and enjoyable good work life balance good wage pay less stress and that is not related to physics and maths which not interested in and what a levels should I pick etc and what degree should I study that has many job opportunities with good work life balance,good pay,enjoyable,less stress and not related to physics and maths which absolutely hate???
Original post by aryc_30
What is the best job if you want a job that is fun and enjoyable good work life balance good wage pay less stress and that is not related to physics and maths which not interested in and what a levels should I pick etc and what degree should I study that has many job opportunities with good work life balance,good pay,enjoyable,less stress and not related to physics and maths which absolutely hate???

Not sure if I have answered a question of yours before, but if I haven't you essentially sound like you're looking for unicorns.

What's fun in a job depends on the individual. For example, I find problem solving and maths fun, but you hate that.

Work life balance is a bit of a myth. The standard work week is 35-40 hours, and most jobs fall into that category. Having said that, there are jobs that only work on part time hours, and then there are those that involves 80+ hours. Inevitably, the longer you work, the more you get paid in jobs.

What's a good wage? The average is said to be £26k, but that can be misleading as the median wage can be significantly lower. However, if you use £26k as the standard, there are a number of professional jobs that pay more than this. They will be competitive, and the employers expect you to be passionate about the job/do whatever it takes.

Less stress is an oxymoron when you pair it with work. You're paid to endure the stress that comes with the job. Usually the more stress involved, the higher the pay. When the stress exceeds the tolerance of a certain level of pay is usually when people walk out e.g. NHS strikes, strikes at uni, recent exodus in education. In practice, it's a bit more complicated than that, but strikes usually happen due to stress of the job.

It's going to be a lot easier if you say what you actually find fun and enjoyable, what sort of hours you want to work, what sort of salary you want. This is really too open ended of a question to answer properly.

If you want websites to look through the job profiles available, consider:
https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/explore-careers
https://www.careerpilot.org.uk/job-sectors/sectors
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/

You will have to note that all jobs come with their ups and downs, pluses and minuses; you can't have it all. You would need to know what you're willing to compromise and what you really want.
On the other hand, you should also pay attention to what you are likely going to regret the most in not doing. It's one of those burdens that can take a toll on you as you get older.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending