The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The probability of you getting a place is between 0 and 1, but that's all anyone can tell you.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Nobody on TSR can tell you yes or no, but I think 3 grades lower than your offer might be pushing it! Why do you think you've done so badly? I thought I messed up my final English paper, but it turned out a lot better than I expected. :smile:
Aren't you the guy who bummed Glasgow? :confused:
+ polarity -
Aren't you the guy who bummed Glasgow? :confused:

No.
RamocitoMorales
No.

You've been asking about universities since 2008. :confused:
+ polarity -
You've been asking about universities since 2008. :confused:

Yes, and I'm asking you again. Rate my chance...
Reply 7
RamocitoMorales
Yes, and I'm asking you again. Rate my chance...

Did you resit/retake A-level? I think you would have a small chance.
Reply 8
RamocitoMorales
How much of a chance do I have of getting into Leeds, who ask for grades AAB if my grades turn out to be BCC?

It's also worth bearing in mind that they gave me an offer even though I applied a few weeks after the UCAS deadline, and they have a very big department which has places on UCAS extra.
See Juno's answer and the stickied thread in this forum, in which it clearly states that no-one can tell you.
Reply 9
Almost no chance I would say in honesty. Although I tend to be an optimist, and whilst I like to think I have a chance to get into my first choice if I miss out by a grade (Lenient on the requirements apparently). The fact you would be missing out by three grades, at a very good and competitive Uni... very slim indeed :P, but meh, stranger things have happened.
RamocitoMorales
How much of a chance do I have of getting into Leeds, who ask for grades AAB if my grades turn out to be BCC?

It's also worth bearing in mind that they gave me an offer even though I applied a few weeks after the UCAS deadline, and they have a very big department which has places on UCAS extra.

just call Leeds on results day if you get BCC and tell them about your "warrior ancestors". I'm sure they'll let you in once they've heard that :rofl:
Tha_Black_Shinobi
just call Leeds on results day if you get BCC and tell them about your "warrior ancestors". I'm sure they'll let you in once they've heard that :rofl:

Slaves are more useful.

Your ancestors
Tha_Black_Shinobi

:teehee:
RamocitoMorales
Slaves are more useful.

Your ancestors

You do know there have been turkish slaves as well. :slap:

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/articles/turkish-slaves-of-muurish-egypt-the-mamelukes-and-co-part-1-a-retrospect/

"There were slave markets, scattered throughout the Eastern Empire where Turkish slaves were sold like any other commodity. After purchase, these slaves were trained in different arts. Once a slave entered the service of a sultan, he was appointed first on his personal services such as Saqi i Khass (royal cup bearer), Chashnigir (taster), Tashtdar, Mash’aldar (lamp bearer), and jamadar (keeper of wardrobe). If they showed talent and efficiency they were promoted to higher posts. The highest posts for them were the governor of a province or commander of the royal forces."

http://www.dawn.com/weekly/dmag/archive/020922/dmag16.htm

So stop deluding yourself with the nonsense.
FinalFlash
You do know there have been turkish slaves as well. :slap:

You do know that the Ottoman Empire had white slaves as well. :teehee:
RamocitoMorales
You do know that the Ottoman Empire had white slaves as well. :teehee:

Your point? :curious:
RamocitoMorales
Slaves are more useful.

Your ancestors

I like how you seem to think that every single black person is descended from slaves. Maybe you should do a bit of history revision. Although judging by your grades I don't really think any sort of revision is your strong point :teehee:
Tha_Black_Shinobi
I like how you seem to think that every single black person is descended from slaves.

Go eat a banana or something...

Spoiler

RamocitoMorales

Spoiler

I'm guessing they don't eat Bananas in Turkey then
RamocitoMorales

Spoiler

Do you realise that both Racism and Nationalism are Haram in Islam?

Why do you result in racist comments, is there no other way you can hold yourself in a debate/argument?

Latest