The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Offer Likelihood

Im applying for MChem Chemistry and Edinburgh Uni is my top choice but I know its a competitive uni and Im not sure what my chances are of getting an offer is. The grade requirements are AAAB and I currently have AAAA at higher and Im predicted AA at advanced higher and another AA in two further highers. I also have work experience. I've just seen many people with top grades still get rejected for my course at edinburgh and its made me a bit worried about my chances. Thanks if you can help!
Being an international student increases your odds significantly.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
Being an international student increases your odds significantly.

I'm a Scottish applicant
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a Scottish applicant

University of Edinburgh acceptance rates, statistics and applications (admissionreport.com)

That is including Scottish, Rest of UK and International students (I believe). But you know as well as I that Scottish universities generally offer more places to international students (>50%). I would advise getting very good grades and writing a great personal statement. Make sure you have an insurance choice you actually like too, obviously with a better chance of being given an offer.

Edit: Hmm, I just looked more closely and your course is not that competitive. You will have a good chance of an offer.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending