The Student Room Group

Missed conditional offer

deleted...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whatever you do, don't hide it from them, they'll find out sooner or later (normally they'll ask for transcripts or something when you join). Best thing is to talk your hiring manager/someone who is fairly high up that you have good relations with and explain the situation. Do you have any mitigating circumstances?

Failing that contact HR, however i'd imagine they would be less sympathetic as they would have probably not seen you as much.
Reply 2
I know someone who this happened to.

They managed to talk round the bank, and saw through the offer. However, their marks were borderline, and they had performed extremely well in all other aspects of the application.

It can happen, but don't get your hopes up.
Parrotman
Whatever you do, don't hide it from them, they'll find out sooner or later (normally they'll ask for transcripts or something when you join). Best thing is to talk your hiring manager/someone who is fairly high up that you have good relations with and explain the situation. Do you have any mitigating circumstances?

Failing that contact HR, however i'd imagine they would be less sympathetic as they would have probably not seen you as much.

I am a former summer interns with RBS and starting as a graduate analyst in August.

They recently sent us an email asking us to provide them with proof of degree qualification / whether you met the cut-off standard.

So yes, they do ask you for it.
Reply 4
deleted...
Reply 5
Abercrombiee
Hey guys,

I just wanted some advice on what I can say in my meeting to try and get onto the RBS graduate programme. It is such an amazing offer I really need/want this.

I was made an offer and one of the conditions was that I had at least a 2.1 in any degree. I got my results today and I have a mid 2.2.

I got my contract too and I sent it off ASAP (before I had my results) and I know that I have not met one of the conditions.

It is really upsetting me because I have always been very hard working (straight A's up until I reached degree level where my school is VERY competitive and the people are incredibly smart) and I am really broken down...

I go to one of the top 5 schools in the country, doing a related degree to the field and have interned at investment banks, financial services and volunteered.

I am just lost on what I can do to try and salvage my offer.

Please I don’t want any replies that slate RBS because I have fallen for that place.

Thanks for any replies: p:

I know exactly how you feel. I've sacrificed good first and second year results chasing internships and EC's. Talk to your line manager/team before HR. HR will try and cut you off, but your manager has the power to overturn the decision if he likes you.

Worth a shot....
What is this offer for? Front office/markets?

If you interned, it may be best approaching the desk that decided to hire you and see if they would be happy to take you. This is probably better than going through HR.
Reply 7
deleted...
Reply 8
deleted ...
Reply 9
deleted
Reply 10
Abercrombiee
Hey guy who have been following my story, just to conclude i managed to get the position and thank you sooo much helping!

Congratz :smile:
Reply 11
Abercrombiee
Hey guy who have been following my story, just to conclude i managed to get the position and thank you sooo much helping!

Nice one, good to hear!
Reply 12
deleted
Reply 13
sorry I know you want this thread to disappear abercrombiee but I just want to ask one thing, don't banks do background checks before you join for grad or summer internship programmes so wouldn't they check your transcripts before you even start
Reply 14
deleted
Abercrombiee
Hey guys,

I just wanted some advice on what I can say in my meeting to try and get onto the RBS graduate programme. It is such an amazing offer I really need/want this.

I was made an offer and one of the conditions was that I had at least a 2.1 in any degree. I got my results today and I have a mid 2.2.

I got my contract too and I sent it off ASAP (before I had my results) and I know that I have not met one of the conditions.

It is really upsetting me because I have always been very hard working (straight A's up until I reached degree level where my school is VERY competitive and the people are incredibly smart) and I am really broken down...

I go to one of the top 5 schools in the country, doing a related degree to the field and have interned at investment banks, financial services and volunteered.

Please I don’t want any replies that slate RBS because I have fallen for that place.

Glad things worked out for you mate :biggrin:
manchild007
Abercrombiee

Hey guys,

Glad things worked out for you mate :biggrin:

Likewise. Congrats :lol:
Reply 17
thanks!
Reply 18
hi, abercrombie! just wanted to know if you had to discuss with HR regarding your grades or did they give you job straightaway ?
Your help is really appreciated!
Thanks
I would think that since this thread is nearly 5 years old you may not get a reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending