The Student Room Group

Failing to meet Conditional offer.

I have a conditional offer for my chosen university but after Chem paper 2 im really not sure if ill get the required grade :frown: is there any chance they could still offer me a place if so would they just accept me or would i have to email them ?

also would it be appropiate to email them before results day or not ?
Yes you might still be accepted. Emailing before or after results day won’t make any difference.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Yes you might still be accepted. Emailing before or after results day won’t make any different

I know you said it wouldn't make a difference if i emailed them before or after results day but would it not be better to email them before? It usually takes a long time for a reply back and they'd have a longer time to make a decision
Original post by Jahcoins
I know you said it wouldn't make a difference if i emailed them before or after results day but would it not be better to email them before? It usually takes a long time for a reply back and they'd have a longer time to make a decision

usually when it comes to letting people in with lower grade boundaries on conditional offer that is usually down to spaces in the course. ie if lots have ppl have missed the offer and you were the next person on the conditional offer list for the uni then you would be let in. Making an email cannot make a difference as if it did then uni applications would become very biased and unfair for others who may be in the same situation as you. Hope that had helped :smile:

Unis get exam results a week before you do. They will fill places with all students who have met their offer conditions. If there are any spaces left on the course, then they will consider 'near misses'. Emailing before or after they receive results won't help in any way.
Reply 5
The Big 'I'm worried I wont get my Grades' thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7360359

Sorry, to be clear, emailing them won't make any difference as to their decision. (Regardless of when you did it). It's a waste of your time and theirs.

They'll make a decision around AL results time when they can see if they've got space.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending