The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

How lenient is Newcastle?

I've applied for psychology and sport joint hons where I need BBB but with the way exams are going right now I might turn out with ABC, do I still have a chance of getting in?
Reply 1
when I went to the open day last year they said that near misses have a chance of still being accepted, esp this year given that we're the last 'covid year' - email admissions to get a better idea, it'll depend on how many spaces they have left as well
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by user718135
I've applied for psychology and sport joint hons where I need BBB but with the way exams are going right now I might turn out with ABC, do I still have a chance of getting in?

It depends on how many spaces are left once Newcastle has accepted all those who have met their offer conditions. If there are spaces left, the uni is more likely to offer a place to near-miss applicants rather than enter the course into clearing.
Original post by user718135

Hi @user718135

At Newcastle, our offers are based on grades in three A levels, rather than cumulative UCAS Tariff points. This means that we don’t necessarily consider *ABC* as equivalent to *BBB*

If, when your A level results are released, you do not quite meet your offer conditions, we will consider you a ‘near-miss’ applicant. In this scenario, all applicants who met their offer conditions would receive their place. For any places we have left over, we will reconsider all ‘near-miss’ applicants and look to place the most promising applicants.

I hope this information helps.

Hana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending