The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

PG Halls and General Advices

Hi There,

This year I'll start my PhD in social sciences.
Inıtially I thought that renting a room in a shared house would be better for me. However, I don't have any experience about Manchester and couldn't decide which house is suitable for me without seeing. Also first year is important in terms of socializing and houses can give little chances to establish such relations.

Therefore I've decided to apply for uni. halls. The matter is coming now.
Everyone says something different for halls. I like balanced environment either silence and parties. Cost is also an issue, however it doesn't matter in regarding the room space (at least for first year)

I have some options like Hulme Hall, Woolton and Opal Gardens.

One of my friend lived in Opal Gardens for a year and he was really bored, however he also didn't suggest Woolton or Hulme. I have not many options and looking forward to hear some suggestions from experienced students, especially postgraduates.

If there won't be any problem in terms of socializing in shared houses, it is posisble to think about that. However I won't have any classmates, I'll just work my supervisor. What do you think about that. Is it easy to find friends out of uni. halls for first year?

Latest

Trending

Trending