The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading Uni Accommodation

Hello, I was late to applying for my Reading University halls, but I want to know if my halls will fit me? I love to go out drinking and partying, so I was wondering if you guys think that I ordered these halls well?

1. Bridges Hall (Premium ensuit)
2. Mackinder Hall (Premium Ensuit)
3 + 4. Bridges Hall (Premium room - shared bathroom
5. Stenton Townhouse
Reply 1
Any of them are generally sociable.
Mackinder and Stenton Townhouses are in close proximity to each other and were built around the same time. Generally, they look and feel the same. These two options really depend if you want to live with 8 people or 12 people. I've linked up the Flickr pages for your ease.

Bridges Halls are on the opposite side of the campus and are the most recently built accommodation. Your two options here merely depend on budget i.e., Ensuite vs. Shared Bathroom.

If you are doing a specific degree that you know will always be at your faculty (i.e., lab-based degrees) you may want to consider accommodation close by. In my first year, the trek from Sherfield Hall to Agriculture Building for a Thursday 9 am lecture, when you've been to Union Wednesday was always a mission! Here's the Whiteknights Campus map

Good luck with your choice!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by hedge1
Hello, I was late to applying for my Reading University halls, but I want to know if my halls will fit me? I love to go out drinking and partying, so I was wondering if you guys think that I ordered these halls well?

1. Bridges Hall (Premium ensuit)
2. Mackinder Hall (Premium Ensuit)
3 + 4. Bridges Hall (Premium room - shared bathroom
5. Stenton Townhouse

Original post by m.elliot
Any of them are generally sociable.
Mackinder and Stenton Townhouses are in close proximity to each other and were built around the same time. Generally, they look and feel the same. These two options really depend if you want to live with 8 people or 12 people. I've linked up the Flickr pages for your ease.

Bridges Halls are on the opposite side of the campus and are the most recently built accommodation. Your two options here merely depend on budget i.e., Ensuite vs. Shared Bathroom.

If you are doing a specific degree that you know will always be at your faculty (i.e., lab-based degrees) you may want to consider accommodation close by. In my first year, the trek from Sherfield Hall to Agriculture Building for a Thursday 9 am lecture, when you've been to Union Wednesday was always a mission! Here's the Whiteknights Campus map

Good luck with your choice!

Hi @hedge1,
Some really great advice here from @m.elliot, I have to agree! In my experience, the halls you've chosen are the top three most sociable, and it does just depend on your room and location preferences - Stenton and Mackinder are closer to our Main Quad and Humanities and Business buildings, whereas Bridges is in closer proximity to building for things such as Art, Psychology, and Agriculture, but there's only really a 10 minute walk between the two sites anyway. I'd encourage you to check out our accommodation portal for more information!
If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Kat :smile:
BA History Graduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending