The Student Room Group

Accounting dissertation. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Any clue what to write about regarding an Accounting dissertation?
I am so nervous and freaking out.
Reply 1
Starting place should be the dissertation module assignment brief and any guidance notes give alongside this.
Samples of previous student work is normally provided - perhaps you can get some ideas from those?
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
Starting place should be the dissertation module assignment brief and any guidance notes give alongside this.
Samples of previous student work is normally provided - perhaps you can get some ideas from those?

Yeah, they have a handbook. I will look into it once the academic year starts. Its a lot to do though. U study accountuing?
Reply 3
Original post by cheadle

But some of the topics I have no clue what to write about and they dont interest me.
Reply 4
No not studied accountancy but supervise Dissertations (both UG and PG) so can advise on the general stuff.
It's crucial to find out about the way that accountancy dissertations are typically formatted - in humanities there is a standard way - what's typical for accountancy?.
As for subjects, you should get advice on this - what are acceptable areas of study - but you will also need to formulate a research question - what do you want to find out about, how will you do it, what do you expect to find out (and then after you have completed your research) what did you find out.
It is a lot of work but then again the module will likely be worth 40 or 60 credits, so that's to be expected.
You can spread the workload out if you start working pretty sharply on it and work steadly across the trimester.
What subject areas have been signalled as suitable so far?
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending