The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi
What's eating Gilbert Grape looks good. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire yet, would that be any good?

Seen the other 3. But this should be enough for now. Cheers lads :smile:

If you have Slumdog Millionaire, give it a watch. It is a one time watch film but it is pretty good...
Original post by Deshi
What's eating Gilbert Grape looks good. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire yet, would that be any good?

Seen the other 3. But this should be enough for now. Cheers lads :smile:

I guess you could watch it. It's only won a couple of Oscars. :mute:
Reply 2982
Original post by unknownking321
I guess you could watch it. It's only won a couple of Oscars. :mute:

:colonhash:

Yeah but I was just wondering if it's an emotional type of film, it looks like a feel good movie which I don't want to watch :no:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Deshi
:colonhash:

Yeah but I was just wondering if it's an emotional type of film, it looks like a feel good movie which I don't want to watch :no:

I would call most 'feel good' movies emotional tbh. So you want to watch a 'feel sad' film? :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Schindler's List.
Reply 2985
Original post by unknownking321
I would call most 'feel good' movies emotional tbh. So you want to watch a 'feel sad' film? :holmes:

Yeah. Films like the Notebook, Ladder 49, A Walk to Remember, Green Mile etc etc

I've also seen Schindler's list mate :colondollar:
Original post by Deshi
I've got Sweeney Todd (have had it for a few months and have just never watched it) so thats the Musical I will watch.

I've seen Up and a Beautiful Mind. I'll check out Ordinary people. I was planning on watching Atonement but I read the synopsis on wiki a few days back and now it seems pointless watching it as I know the ending :colondollar:

Any other suggestions for emotional films? Cheers.

Good choice for the musical. In terms of emotional material how about Million Dollar Baby? It's probably the most emotional film I've ever watched.

Original post by Roobsa
Speaking of Herzog, has anyone seen Bad Lieutenant?

Yeah. It's good, in a Lynch-lite kind of way.
Precious? :holmes:
Well if you liked the Notebook and want similar, you may like The Time Traveller's Wife (not as good)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2990
I am a bit of an idiot and have read the synopsis for Million Dollar Baby as well a while back so know the ending :colondollar: Would you say the films still worth watching though?

That Gilbert Grape film looks interesting though.
Original post by Deshi
I've got Sweeney Todd (have had it for a few months and have just never watched it) so thats the Musical I will watch.

I've seen Up and a Beautiful Mind. I'll check out Ordinary people. I was planning on watching Atonement but I read the synopsis on wiki a few days back and now it seems pointless watching it as I know the ending :colondollar:

Any other suggestions for emotional films? Cheers.

You might try Enduring Love. The book is absolutely fantastic, and although the film isn't as good, it's not badly done.

I guess you could call Requiem For A Dream emotional. It's certainly very evocative.

Walk The Line is also a good one. And it's about Johnny Cash, so everyone wins.
Reply 2992
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Used to have a crush on Rachel McAdams :love:

Spoiler

Who didn't? :p:

I have had a thing for the lady who plays Lana Lang in Smallville for a while though :love:
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
I am a bit of an idiot and have read the synopsis for Million Dollar Baby as well a while back so know the ending :colondollar: Would you say the films still worth watching though?

That Gilbert Grape film looks interesting though.

Yeah, I'd say so. Obviously if you know what's going to happen it won't be quite the hammer blow the first time you watch the film like it otherwise would be, but I can still watch it on repeat viewings and get choked up. It's a supreme piece of filmmaking.
Original post by Deshi
Who didn't? :p:

I have had a thing for the lady who plays Lana Lang in Smallville for a while though :love:

No wai :eek4:

Person who plays Lois > person who plays Lana.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2995
Nah, person who plays Lois has nice tits but apart from that Lana Lang lady all the way :sexface:
Reply 2996
LOL I can't get any images to work. Fail.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
x

I watched Amelie by the way. It was random at times but a quirky and sweet film :smile:
Original post by samanthaaaa
I watched Amelie by the way. It was random at times but a quirky and sweet film :smile:

I adore that film.
Original post by Jace Falco
I adore that film.

Yeah me too, I don't know what it is about that film but I really liked it :h:

Latest