The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What does everyone think of this: http://gizmodo.com/5651826/inception-ending-revealed-by-sir-michael-caine

Just saw it in the other thread...

Original post by S-man10

Original post by S-man10
What does everyone think of this: http://gizmodo.com/5651826/inception-ending-revealed-by-sir-michael-caine

Just saw it in the other thread...

As I said in the other thread, by making an authoritative comment about an immensely popular subject he guaranteed himself free advertising on a mass scale.

But let's be honest, Caine doesn't know jack **** about the film. For a start, what does he even mean by "I'm the guy who invented the dream?". No matter what he's trying to imply, whether that he invented the technique, that he's an architect for some of the film or whatever, it's either irrelevant, stupid or just plain wrong. Caine looks more and more senile every time I hear about him.
Original post by Phalanges
As I said in the other thread, by making an authoritative comment about an immensely popular subject he guaranteed himself free advertising on a mass scale.

But let's be honest, Caine doesn't know jack **** about the film. For a start, what does he even mean by "I'm the guy who invented the dream?". No matter what he's trying to imply, whether that he invented the technique, that he's an architect for some of the film or whatever, it's either irrelevant, stupid or just plain wrong. Caine looks more and more senile every time I hear about him.

And yet he's still a great actor.
Parodies have gone so wrong in the pasts few years.
In fairness the timing of it coincided with the end of my term so I haven't had any time to deal with or promote it. Might try and get a themed one up over christmas when people have more time and see if we can't drum up a bit of support - Great Escape, anyone? :teeth:

ah the Great Escape :rolleyes:

it made love old movies ..

after that I watched
The day the earth stood still (the old version)
Original post by Rocky Raccoon
I love Tom Hanks, so Castaway is good. And I saw 500 days of Summer recently and liked it, the independent movie type, and the cute love story, although the end kind of leaves you waiting and with an uncomfortable feeling I think.

ahh 500 days of summer .. loved the film and yepp thats true:biggrin: I didnt want it to end

Joseph gorden levitt is a great actor!
Haven't seen you posting much recently, where have you been? :biggrin:

And yeah, Coach Carter is a wonderful film. What do you think was Jackson's best performance, that or Pulp Fiction?

Really? Sneaking around Nazi Germany would be pretty sweet, and also hold a big two fingers to everyone who has tried it and failed miserably.

I dunno about it being a bad thing. I mean, I can't believe in just one year that they managed to fit in everything into AC2, and make it so polished as well. And they've done the same thing with Brotherhood. Until they start compromising something, whether it's the story, the mechanics or the innovation, I'm happy for them to continue pumping them out as often as they feel they can.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone want to tell me what to download from skyplayer?

Sky Player Website
Just watched Million Dollar Baby for the first time.

For those of you who have watched it, what did you think of it?
If anyone is interested:

Spoiler

Hugo Strange as the villain for Arkham City. Curious. :holmes:

So ****ing stoked for Elder Scrolls 5. :jive:

/late night posting.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm sure we can rule out Hugo Strange as TDKR villain now since he's in Arkham City. It's published by Warner Bros and Eidos so I can't see WB, or even Nolan, wanting the biggest film of 2012 to have the same villain of a 2011 video game.

Plus the fact that Arkham Asylum was a very well received game by critics which then led to increased sales which then has, undoubtedly, created much anticipation for the new game.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Madjackismad
I'm sure we can rule out Hugo Strange as TDKR villain now since he's in Arkham City. It's published by Warner Bros and Eidos so I can't see WB, or even Nolan, wanting the biggest film of 2012 to have the same villain of a 2011 video game.

Plus the fact that Arkham Asylum was a very well received game by critics which then led to increased sales which then has, undoubtedly, created much anticipation for the new game.

I agree. Not to mention having a whole trailer around the character so they are obviously touting him as a major character - featuring or having a major role in the game.

I wonder if the villain for TDKR was ever considered (unknowingly) for the game and whether they would have been told to keep them out of the Arkham City game.
Reply 4673
Just watched The Chaser on iPlayer.

Christ.

That's easily as good as Oldboy.

edit: American remake inc :facepalm2: Let's just hope it's as good as The Departed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I agree. Not to mention having a whole trailer around the character so they are obviously touting him as a major character - featuring or having a major role in the game.

I wonder if the villain for TDKR was ever considered (unknowingly) for the game and whether they would have been told to keep them out of the Arkham City game.

I think Strange might be the main bad guy this time. No doubt the Joker will have a presence, but he's chair bound for now. :p:

Hard to tell. I guess most of the TDKR stuff is only being seriously considered this year, while it's probably safe to imagine that Rocksteady have been thinking since the release of AA last year.
Reply 4675
Has anyone seen Memories of Murder?
If anyone is interested:

Spoiler

Got to be amongst the three best games 2011 will bring.
Reply 4677
Watched Scent of a Woman last night. Some parts of the script didn't quite convince me, but Pacino's acting was sublime (though I still prefer Dog Day Afternoon overall).
Original post by Jace Falco
And yet he's still a great actor.

He's certainly aged better than De Niro; he was brilliant in The Prestige. Mind you, that film even made Bowie look like a good actor.

Original post by S-man10
Parodies have gone so wrong in the pasts few years.

They've forgotten that the point of a parody is to make people laugh. So many now just reference other things without making jokes about it. Even Family Guy has just descended into simply referencing other stuff now rather than trying to come up with any original humour about it.

Spoiler

I think one of the most beautiful things about AC is how separate the different elements of it's story are and yet they are still integrated. So if you just want to play it as a romp through one of the most fantastic periods of history you can, but also you can try and make sense of all the crazy stuff going on. I think AC is one of the few occasions where (for the most part, I sometimes can't help myself :p:) I try not to think too much about it.

Original post by cambo211
Anyone want to tell me what to download from skyplayer?

Sky Player Website

I love Skyplayer, it has soooo much content.

At the minute I would recommend The Pacific, Bronson, El Mariachi, Usual Suspects (if you haven't seen it, you really should), Defiance, Public Enemies, Wall Street, Milk, W, Hoffa, and so many more.... there's just so much to choose from!

Original post by FinalFlash
Just watched Million Dollar Baby for the first time.

For those of you who have watched it, what did you think of it?

Absolutely loved that film, one of the very best I've seen (and one of the most emotional).

Plus if you don't know about the ending, it really hits you like a hammer blow. So powerful, such amazing acting and direction.

What did you think?

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Not necessarily. After all, the main villain of both AA and TDK are the Joker. The films and games are treated pretty much as separate entities (the games probably have more in common with the animated series, as they use the same voices). I wouldn't have thought WB would compromise the story of either just to ensure they have different characters.
Original post by Abiraleft
Watched Scent of a Woman last night. Some parts of the script didn't quite convince me, but Pacino's acting was sublime (though I still prefer Dog Day Afternoon overall).

Check out Al Pacino in You Don't Know Jack. :yes:

Latest