The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jace Falco
Love Actually is only like Bridget Jones insomuch as it's a rom com with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, which isn't really saying much.

Original post by JellyyBeanyy
Hugh Grant perhaps? all his films seem the same to me :P

I think I like it so much cos it reminds me of my Film Studies class last year when we were studying the film, those were good times.... :smile:

Don't have a tendency to watch too many RomComs so that probably makes the association stronger. They were released around the same time as well. November 2003 (LA) & November 2004 (BJ: EoR).

Quite liked the Bridget Jones films. :smile:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Don't have a tendency to watch too many RomComs so that probably makes the association stronger. They were released around the same time as well. November 2003 (LA) & November 2004 (BJ: EoR).

Quite liked the Bridget Jones films. :smile:

MJ gets his scissors ready

Why is it, when you go to the cinema with your other half and there's like an awesome action movie type fare on, and she'll happily see it, but then suddenly she gets all pissy the next time, starts spouting lines such as "You got to pick last time? However, I didn't. It was a mutual agreement. Now we've got to go and see some frothy crap starring Katherine Heigl with her complaining about how **** it was after the movie. Women - I'll never understand them. :colonhash:
Original post by Madjackismad
MJ gets his scissors ready

Why is it, when you go to the cinema with your other half and there's like an awesome action movie type fare on, and she'll happily see it, but then suddenly she gets all pissy the next time, starts spouting lines such as "You got to pick last time? However, I didn't. It was a mutual agreement. Now we've got to go and see some frothy crap starring Katherine Heigl with her complaining about how **** it was after the movie. Women - I'll never understand them. :colonhash:

Entrapment - making men feel guilty for things they never done. Blame the man, he's the stupid half. :teehee:

Still there aren't many girlfriends who will happily watch an action movie and complain over frothy crap instead of praising it. I'd say count yourself lucky. :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Entrapment - making men feel guilty for things they never done. Blame the man, he's the stupid half. :teehee:

Still there aren't many girlfriends who will happily watch an action movie and complain over frothy crap instead of praising it. I'd say count yourself lucky. :h:

Spoiler

How was your Christmas? Get any nice stuff? :gah:
Reading this interpretation really makes me want to watch the film again. :tongue:

Indeed, it's next on my blu-ray list.

Spoiler

How was your Christmas? Get any nice stuff? :gah:

Spoiler

Okay Christmas. :moon: The usual stash; films, books, technology. I don't really care for tangible things anymore.

How about you? Did you get your HDTV and PS3 combo? Been playing much? :teeth:

Original post by SirRamAlot
Indeed, it's next on my blu-ray list.

Out of interest, what titles have you got in your collection? :pierre:

Want.

In other news, I was just looking at the film podcasts I have to catch up on. Some really good ones; hour long interviews with Danny Boyle and Aaron Sorkin capped off with a three-hour (god knows when I'm going to have time for it) special from the Hollywood Saloon guys. :coma:

Spoiler

Okay Christmas. :moon: The usual stash; films, books, technology. I don't really care for tangible things anymore.

Not many tbh, only Shutter Island, Kick Ass, Watchmen, LOTR trilogy and Star Trek lol. How about you?
Original post by SirRamAlot
Not many tbh, only Shutter Island, Kick Ass, Watchmen, LOTR trilogy and Star Trek lol. How about you?

Not many either. Just LOTR trilogy, Back to the Future trilogy, Inception and some other Nolan films. :smile:
Original post by Phalanges

Want.

In other news, I was just looking at the film podcasts I have to catch up on. Some really good ones; hour long interviews with Danny Boyle and Aaron Sorkin capped off with a three-hour (god knows when I'm going to have time for it) special from the Hollywood Saloon guys. :coma:

The girl or the film? :pierre:

Heaven for you. I keep getting Boyle mixed up with Guy Ritchie. :colonhash: Boyle is the one that made 127 hours and is working on 28 Months Later? Might give it a listen too. Whichever podcast this is. :ninja:

The girl or the film? :pierre:

Heaven for you. I keep getting Boyle mixed up with Guy Ritchie. :colonhash: Boyle is the one that made 127 hours and is working on 28 Months Later? Might give it a listen too. Whichever podcast this is. :ninja:

Film. Saoirse isn't all that. :p:

Boyle is the guy behind Trainspotting, 28 days/weeks later, Slumdog millionaire, Sunshine, The Beach and in this interview he'll be talking about 127 hours. How you can mix them up is sacrilege - it's like confusing Michael Mann with Michael Bay. :colonhash:

The podcast the interviews are from is called Creative Screenwriting.
Original post by Phalanges
Film. Saoirse isn't all that. :p:

Boyle is the guy behind Trainspotting, 28 days/weeks later, Slumdog millionaire, Sunshine, The Beach and in this interview he'll be talking about 127 hours. How you can mix them up is sacrilege - it's like confusing Michael Mann with Michael Bay. :colonhash:

The podcast the interviews are from is called Creative Screenwriting.

Just checking. :pierre: And I can't help it. Every time he is mentioned, I keep thinking he directed Sherlock Holmes. :colonhash: Reading the Wiki page, there's going to be a Trainspotting sequel? The Beach seems to get a lot of hate. Maybe I'm just hearing a vocal minority opinion but I thought it was a pretty fantastic film. What did you think of it?

Thanks for the podcast name. Big backlog of other podcasts too. The video in your signature is awesome, think you posted it before, my bad for not watching it then. Hope the person brings out one next year. :teeth:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5572
Original post by Jace Falco
Love Actually is only like Bridget Jones insomuch as it's a rom com with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, which isn't really saying much.

I swear all Richard Curtis films are the same :teeth:
Original post by Firaila
I swear all Richard Curtis films are the same :teeth:

They are lol with the exception of The Boat That Rocked cos you know, its on a boat :P

Spoiler

I got my TV. It's so good, blu ray looks amazing on it. :coma:

Got my PS3 a couple of days before Christmas. Uncharted 2 is :awesome:

Do you have PSN? I've still to set mine up.

Spoiler

Reply 5575
Original post by Complex Simplicity
OK guys going to cinema today. What should I see: Tron legacy or The Way Back ?

The Way Back
I got my TV. It's so good, blu ray looks amazing on it. :coma:

Got my PS3 a couple of days before Christmas. Uncharted 2 is :awesome:

Do you have PSN? I've still to set mine up.

Spoiler

My brother keeps playing that stupid game and showing me the Uncharted 3 trailer! :mad:
OK guys going to cinema today. What should I see: Tron Legacy or The Way Back ?

Tron Legacy:

The Way Back:

Original post by JellyyBeanyy
My brother keeps playing that stupid game and showing me the Uncharted 3 trailer! :mad:

He has good reason to. It's like playing a ridiculously high budget blockbuster with a decent story and well developed characters to boot.
Original post by Firaila
The Way Back

Don't you think it'd be like all the other escape films?

Latest