The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7160
Black Swan at the cinema on Wednesday, even though I've already seen it. :tongue:

Going with two friends who haven't seen it, will be funny to watch their reactions to certain parts. :h:
Reply 7161
I haven't watched a film in almost two weeks, and I'm on holiday. :frown:
Original post by Abiraleft

Goodfellas is on in a bit - http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=84168152

Ouch - I feel your pain!

Original post by The Stig

LOVE that film :love:
Reply 7164
Top movie and also based on a true story
Has anyone seen Boardwalk Empire? I LOVE prohibition-era gangster films, especially Scorseses, and I remembered Boardwalk Empire existed the other day so found where I can watch it... Anyone have any opinions?
Reply 7166
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Has anyone seen Boardwalk Empire? I LOVE prohibition-era gangster films, especially Scorseses, and I remembered Boardwalk Empire existed the other day so found where I can watch it... Anyone have any opinions?

It's awesome. Pity there are only twelve or so episodes to date! :h:
Original post by aja89
It's awesome. Pity there are only twelve or so episodes to date! :h:

Yay! I can't wait for my exams to finish so I can spend a day obsessing over it!
In the wake of the proposed Matrix sequels, I'm drawing parallels to the Dune novels. After the first, the quality dipped significantly in the second and third before descending into complete **** with the following sequels.
Original post by MizzCupcakes
I'm thinking of watching the Village, what do you guys think of it?

It has its place in the downward spiral that is M. Night Shyamalan.

I couldn't care if you were on the Moon. Watch a film pronto or we will come over to your house and castrate you. :tongue:

Original post by The Stig
hahahahaha :rofl:

That's ridiculous.

Original post by Jace Falco
Wow.

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
OMG that's amazingly crap!

Prepare to die. :fight:
Reply 7170
The Stig

Aw, I missed that - went to bed right after posting - but thanks for the site, that makes it much easier. :biggrin:

Ape Gone Insane

I couldn't care if you were on the Moon. Watch a film pronto or we will come over to your house and castrate you.

Siryessir.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
In the wake of the proposed Matrix sequels, I'm drawing parallels to the Dune novels. After the first, the quality dipped significantly in the second and third before descending into complete **** with the following sequels.

There's no way new Matrix films could get any worse than the franchise already sunk to.

A sequel with decent CGI and full 3D would definitely be something I'd look forwards to.
Watched Pulp fiction last night on BBC and thought it was wicked, initially found it to have quite dark comedy, but then thought about the messages, I thought the element of chance or divine intervention played a big part, with missed bullets, the Boxer going in the right time.
Reply 7173
Stupid textual analysis essay getting in the way of my film watching. :facepalm2:
Original post by yokabasha
Watched Pulp fiction last night on BBC and thought it was wicked, initially found it to have quite dark comedy, but then thought about the messages, I thought the element of chance or divine intervention played a big part, with missed bullets, the Boxer going in the right time.

Nah, it was mainly a dark comedy.

divine intervention

Not forgetting the recurring bible passage.
Original post by Phalanges
Not forgetting the recurring bible passage.

I have that on my wall, and memorised :ahee:

I have that on my wall, and memorised :ahee:

Congratulations, you have achieved the same abilities as right-wing Southerners. You should be so proud. :p:
Reply 7178
:bandit:

Smoking gives you cancer.

Latest