The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9740
RIP Michael Gough.
think my friend wants us to go see 'Anuvahood' soon... *facepalm
Reply 9742
Reply 9743
I'll be watching Rounders tonight, then. Ed Norton, Matt Damon, John Malkovich... sounds promising.
Original post by Abiraleft

I'll be watching Rounders tonight, then. Ed Norton, Matt Damon, John Malkovich... sounds promising.

It's a very enjoyable film, and a significant one as well in terms of world poker.

Watching John Malkovich in it is almost painful though, particularly with the most obvious tell in history.
Reply 9745
Fantastic Mr. Fox is such an underrated film. It suffered from coming out around the same time as Up. :frown:
Reply 9746
Original post by aja89
Fantastic Mr. Fox is such an underrated film. It suffered from coming out around the same time as Up. :frown:

I agree. I really enjoyed it but then again, foxes are one of my favourite animals. :p:

There's also a film called The Fox & The Child which I'd recommend as it has absolutely gorgeous cinematography.
Not gonna lie, just shed a few tears at Mary & Max. What a great film.
Original post by Seanisonfire
Not gonna lie, just shed a few tears at Mary & Max. What a great film.

Really liked that film, one of the most clever films I've ever watched.
Reply 9749
Original post by Phalanges
It's a very enjoyable film, and a significant one as well in terms of world poker.

Watching John Malkovich in it is almost painful though, particularly with the most obvious tell in history.

The friend who was supposed to be bringing it over just told me he couldn't make it. Perhaps tomorrow.

Tonight, then, it's just me and a DVD from my shelf. Wasn't it you who told me Aronofsky's The Wrestler is awesome? :teeth:

The friend who was supposed to be bringing it over just told me he couldn't make it. Perhaps tomorrow.

Tonight, then, it's just me and a DVD from my shelf. Wasn't it you who told me Aronofsky's The Wrestler is awesome? :teeth:

Very possibly. I'm a big fan of Aronofsky, and I think the Wrestler is his finest work. I even appreciate what he was trying to accomplish in The Fountain, although it definitely didn't work.
Want to watch some old school classic sci-fi that I've not seen yet.... Mad Max 1 and 2, Logans Run, all sound great but I just haven't seen them yet

I might as well make a list of films I've wanted to see for ages, just to have them in mind
Reply 9752
Original post by Phalanges
Very possibly. I'm a big fan of Aronofsky, and I think the Wrestler is his finest work. I even appreciate what he was trying to accomplish in The Fountain, although it definitely didn't work.

I just finished with it, and I loved it. There is honestly very little I can think of that could make that movie better. The only Aronofsky movie I'd seen previously was Black Swan, so it was very different from what I'd anticipated (though I did seem to notice a couple of similarities). So I've watched two Aronofsky movies, and loved them both; Requiem for a Dream has now shot up on my 'to watch' list.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned here, but read in the news a couple of days ago that Steven Soderbergh is planning to retire from directing?
So I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still, and it was just as a bad if not worse than I had expected. And then I watched The Usual Suspects, and am now kicking myself for not having watched it before now. Good stuff :yy:.
Reply 9754
Contemplating watching 'tron' tonight if I get the time, so lets see how that goes :beard:
Last post. :awesome:

Latest