The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is it so hard to find anything out about Burke and Hare? The film's being released at the end of October, yet they seemingly have nothing - no website, no trailer.
Checked IMDB?
S-man10
Checked IMDB?

Hmm yeah, but they don't seem to have a trailer either (or indeed any information beyond a synopsis and cast list). I'd have thought John Landis' first film in 12 years would at least be worth a teaser.

Although it is nice to see Andy Serkis keep getting good work.
Reply 1323
Phalanges
Why is it so hard to find anything out about Burke and Hare? The film's being released at the end of October, yet they seemingly have nothing - no website, no trailer.

I'm almost certain I've seen a trailer for this film. I can't remember where though but I'll try have a think.
Roobsa
I'm almost certain I've seen a trailer for this film. I can't remember where though but I'll try have a think.

I'll be very grateful if you find one. :smile:

Damn it, I've now got distracted and am just finding loads of movie trailers. Inside Job looks like a fantastic documentary that will be coming out soon:

If I was head of education I would make so many documentaries compulsory. A lot of docs have taught me far more than some lessons or news channels.
Reply 1325
How grateful? :hubba:
CLUE FOR CAPTION CONTEST: It is from a documentary.

More clues available if still no answer later today.
sevendaughters
CLUE FOR CAPTION CONTEST: It is from a documentary.

More clues available if still no answer later today.

Did you see my guess before - Crude Impact?
Phalanges
Did you see my guess before - Crude Impact?

Missed it, but it isn't that!
Plato's Trousers
What's the diff btw this Soc and the film critics soc? Which is better? (somehow I suspect I know what the answer to that will be...)

Hey, I seen your post in the "Film Society". That society is not really "official" and well it's dead (2 pages of posts in 5 years). Film Critics Society no longer exists either. There is now one society for films "Film Fanatics Society".

This is the Chat thread and there is another thread which is for film reviews only.

Feel free to join us in discussions about anything film-related. :h:
Reply 1330
I want to start a Video Production Society but I'm not sure if there would be much interest. Thoughts?
Reply 1331
Roobsa
I want to start a Video Production Society but I'm not sure if there would be much interest. Thoughts?

Give me a month. I'll get my tripod and reflectors so that I can pimp my portfolio and I'll be interested for sure.
Reply 1332
Roobsa

Start a thread and if you get enough interest, then go for the society thing.
Reply 1333
Anchorman: opinions? :holmes:
Reply 1334
thejonsmith
Anchorman: opinions? :holmes:

Fun, entertaining film but it shouldn't be as highly rated as it is.
Reply 1335
That seems like a fair assessment, though if I'd have had the luxury of seeing it without first having heard every line quoted excessively, I think it'd have been that much better.
A film I'm looking forward to is Black Swan...especially when it has Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman doing a **** scene in it apparently.
SirRamAlot
A film I'm looking forward to is Black Swan...especially when it has Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman doing a **** scene in it apparently.

And Darren Aronofsky is the director. :borat:
Is Shutter Island any good? :holmes:
Madjackismad
Is Shutter Island any good? :holmes:

It is worth the watch.

Latest