Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by connor6892
Hi,

I'm a little confused - I got an offer for Economics, Maths and Statistics today but haven't had that email. I think the admissions is through the Economics department, but half of the course is Maths. Anyone else in a similar position?

I imagine they'll just be getting through everyone. Don't worry about it, they're generally very thorough about this type of thing!

Having said that, I'm still grumbling about not getting an offer. Wheels seem to be have been put in motion for most other courses.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by tommy1311
I imagine they'll just be getting through everyone. Don't worry about it, they're generally very thorough about this type of thing!

Having said that, I'm still grumbling about not getting an offer. Wheels seem to be have been put in motion for most other courses.

As you say, I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty difficult to speculate when we have so little information, and they have everything under control. It's still early in the bigger picture of things. Did you apply for Maths single honours?
Reply 222
Original post by connor6892
As you say, I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty difficult to speculate when we have so little information, and they have everything under control. It's still early in the bigger picture of things. Did you apply for Maths single honours?

Nah sorry, Law with Politics...It was just a general comment. :smile:
Original post by tommy1311
Nah sorry, Law with Politics...It was just a general comment. :smile:

Ah, here was me trying to create a theory about Maths admissions :smile: All the best!
Original post by kay-em
Hey :smile: Whats your storey what happened last year? QM was my firm and i missed the grades with AAB and didn't fancy my insurance anymore as my heart was set on QM.. i was devastated! are you doing retakes this year :smile:?

Btw have you seen this thread?.. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=27089506&highlight=reapplication%20solidarity
its really helpful!

same but i ended up with ABB and an A in general studies :frown: devastated! i am doing retakes in january, are you? have you heard anything yet?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by bringmesunshine
same but i ended up with ABB and an A in general studies :frown: devastated! i am doing retakes in january, are you? have you heard anything yet?

ahh no way!.. no i think im just going to leave the B as it is because i dont no how many times ive tried and still cant get the grade up! so im fast tracking two alevels to boost my application.
I havent sent mine off yet!! my college is useless but ill be sure to let you know if i hear anything once i do. have you heard from any of your choices?
Original post by kay-em
ahh no way!.. no i think im just going to leave the B as it is because i dont no how many times ive tried and still cant get the grade up! so im fast tracking two alevels to boost my application.
I havent sent mine off yet!! my college is useless but ill be sure to let you know if i hear anything once i do. have you heard from any of your choices?

ah right, i am resitting and have a job for this year. i have heard nothing so far and have applied to qmul, exeter and newcastle. where are you applying?
Original post by snowshine
Added. :smile:

Has anyone visited QMUL?

I actually haven't, it's the ONLY Uni I'm applying to that I haven't visited :s-smilie: Have you?

Applying to do English and French there btw..
I've applied for Politics; it's really good. Can't believe it's 5th best in the Guardian's league tables! The campus and accomodation are lovely (especially France House) and it's also great because most of the rooms are en suite :biggrin:
It's in a grotty area (Mile End Road is rank) but you're only 10 minutes from the centre on the tube, or a half an hour walk :smile:
Reply 229
Received a letter inviting me to interview for Geography on the 1st December. NERVOUS
Has anyone got offers for Biology or Psychology courses yet?

:smile:
I'm applying for International Relations, and I really liked QM when I visited :smile:
Got an interview on the 1st December, for Geography. Happy, but nervous!
Reply 233
anyone got an offer/interview from the languages department? I think it's teamE.
Reply 234
Original post by heyitskatya
Has anyone got offers for Biology or Psychology courses yet?

:smile:

Nothing :frown: not even an acknowledgement!
Reply 235
I got an offer today? Didn't expect to get a reply so quickly! First offer :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anyone had offers for Film Studies at QMUL yet?? I'm so nervous.
Original post by litteronthebreeze

Hey there! I am applying for English with Film Studies at QMUL. :biggrin:

No offers yet though...
Reply 238
Original post by litteronthebreeze

Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Hey there! I am applying for English with Film Studies at QMUL. :biggrin:

No offers yet though...

I applied for Film Studies! I think we may have a long wait ahead of us lol. Good luck to both of you :biggrin:
This isn't the brightest of questions, but it's hard to control paranoia (since when I applied for Sixth Form schools, they didn't explicitly say there was going to be an interview and the shock nearly cost me my place, lol)
So I'm just wondering.. although the Law Department said in my invitation to their Open Day "no interview or test is involved".. Is that really the case or is there at least an "informal" interview? :K:

(Just to be sure I don't have to freak out.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending