The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Getting heavily nervous about my offer/rejection. Was told id be contact within a week, tomorrow will be 6 days and no reply, and now i see half the bleeding forum has got Law offers? Argh, any physicists out there that have emails yet?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 481
i still havent got an AKNOWLEDGEMENT for biology and psychology...i sent my ucas on the 19th oct :frown:
Original post by LornaSandison1
Yeah I did, and thanks, I'm hoping so too :smile:

And I don't know about the whole same days as Oxbridge thing, but that's not really very ice is it!? :s-smilie: They don't tend to interview M100 candidates anyway, only the people who want to do a year abroad (like me! :biggrin:).

Let's hope that that Oxbridge thing is simply a lie and not true :smile:

Yeah they don't interview M100 candidates unless they're borderline or have weird qualifications.

I wish you all the best though :smile:
:angry:
Original post by JH-QC
Well, unless it's an offer :wink: Yeah I agree though, I hope they leave it for a while longer just so it's more likely it's good news.

Yup :smile: Good luck though! Update me if you hear anything though, and I'll do the same :smile:
ANYONE heard anything from biological sciences at all? Everyone on here seems to be doing law or English, I just wanna know if my UCAS is being an arse. I do have an acknowledgement though...
I got an email from the English and Drama department saying that they liked me enough to confirm my offer (which I'll receive within four weeks) for English. (AAB).

Has any one else got offers? Are they asking for the same grades?
Reply 486
Original post by SayNoMore
i still havent got an AKNOWLEDGEMENT for biology and psychology...i sent my ucas on the 19th oct :frown:

Odd :s-smilie: I got my acknowledgement for Psychology within a couple days of sending it (November 2nd)
Reply 487
Original post by grape:)
Odd :s-smilie: I got my acknowledgement for Psychology within a couple days of sending it (November 2nd)

i actually think it was in my junk folder, but i always delete everything without looking
Reply 488
Original post by SayNoMore
i actually think it was in my junk folder, but i always delete everything without looking

Cool :smile: that's alright then :smile:
Does anyone else have an offer for Politics? Or anyone applying for Politics visiting any time soon?
Got a conditional offer for Politics! AAB - so happy!

Good luck to everyone :biggrin:
Got an offer for business management (abb) yayy!
Good luck all! :smile:
Has anyone applied for English and History? Do you know if I am likely to get an interview, or is that just for English? Thanks.:smile:

Also, if anyone has already got an offer for these, when did you send off your application?

Sorry for the twenty questions I seem to be playing :rolleyes::tongue:
Did anyone else get a slightly odd offer for History (or any similar subject )? The offer is 340 points from 3 A'levels (which sounded really really nice initially, but none can be lower than a B, and there must be an A in history. So basically it's ABB I suppose? Which is good because it should be AAB but a little confusing ...
Original post by ballroombabe
Has anyone applied for English and History? Do you know if I am likely to get an interview, or is that just for English? Thanks.:smile:

Also, if anyone has already got an offer for these, when did you send off your application?

Sorry for the twenty questions I seem to be playing :rolleyes::tongue:

You will be interviewed. Previously all English and History applicants were interviewed by the English department, although that may be different this year.
Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb
Did anyone else get a slightly odd offer for History (or any similar subject )? The offer is 340 points from 3 A'levels (which sounded really really nice initially, but none can be lower than a B, and there must be an A in history. So basically it's ABB I suppose? Which is good because it should be AAB but a little confusing ...

Your offer is AAB or 340 points. What they mean is you couldn't get in with A*AC, which is also 340 as you'll have a grade lower than a B.
Original post by Mr. Mortell
You will be interviewed. Previously all English and History applicants were interviewed by the English department, although that may be different this year.

Ah ok, thanks :smile:

What kind of questions do you get asked (if you don't mind me asking) ? Can you give me some examples? :biggrin:

Surely 340 = AAB? ABB would only equal 320 unless I'm not thinking straight.

Looks to me like they've only set the terms the way they have so someone couldn't do A*AC or something like that.
Original post by Mr. Mortell
Your offer is AAB or 340 points. What they mean is you couldn't get in with A*AC, which is also 340 as you'll have a grade lower than a B.
Wookie42

Waaait wouldn't it be ABB because 120 (A) +100 (B) +100 (B) + 60 (an A grade AS) = 380 points. Surely they'll let me include the extra AS in the tariff points ... won't they?
(edited 13 years ago)
Waaait wouldn't it be ABB because 120 (A) +100 (B) +100 (B) + 60 (an A grade AS) = 380 points. Surely they'll let me include the extra AS in the tariff points ... won't they?

"From 3 A levels". Using your fourth AS would make it 3.5 I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending