London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm in :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Meiki_1805
I'm in ^^ Anyone else doing psychology ??

Yes :smile:
How does one provide original proof of results?? Anyone else get and email telling you to do this? :/
Original post by penguin x
How does one provide original proof of results?? Anyone else get and email telling you to do this? :/

I'm for BATL but got the same e-mail :yep:

If you have just gotten your A level results today then you shouldn't need to do anything with regards to this :nah:

Unless you've resat any GCSEs.. but I doubt this so you should be ok.

If you are a gapper/reapplicant such as myself then you need to prove your grades by certificates by either sending them (nooo) or doing it in person prior to enrolment (much safer and less stressful)

If you are a graduate then you'll need to prove your degree classification by the same means as the gappers :yep:

BATL
According to our records you are holding an Unconditional offer of a place on the above named programme. Being able to fully enrol here at Queen Mary we will require confirmation of your most recent qualifications listed on your application, which satisfy our Entrance Requirements.

If you have taken GCE Advanced, Advanced Subsidiary (Single and Double Awards), 9 Unit Awards and Advanced Extension Awards and will be achieving results this year, UCAS will match what you list on your application, with the results received from the awarding organisations (the exam boards), and will send your results to us automatically. You therefore do not need to send us confirmation of these qualifications.

If you are a UK HOME or EU student holding Queen Mary as your FIRM (first) choice who is expecting other qualifications to those stated above, or you were awarded your qualifications before 2011, then you should send original or certified copies with the attached Pre-Enrolment Verification Form, any originals will be returned by Recorded or Registered delivery as appropriate. Sending originals now will considerably reduce delays at enrolment. If you would prefer not to post your qualifications and instead bring them in person, you can bring them and your completed Pre-Enrolment Verification Form to the Student Office on Monday-Friday between 10am-12pm PRIOR TO YOUR ENROLMENT DATE.

PLEASE DO NOT COME IN PERSON WITH YOUR CERTIFICATES DURING WEDNESDAY 17 AUGUST TO FRIDAY 19 AUGUST 2011.

If you are an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT who will be applying for a visa under Tier 4 of the UKBA (UK Border Agency) Points Based Immigration System, you must NOT send any original documents at this stage but should send a scanned copy, if you have not already done so, to [email protected] If your place is confirmed you will the be required to BRING YOUR ORIGINALS with you to enrolment so that they can be scanned for visa requirements.

FAQs

Do I need to send in my GCSE certificates or results slip?
Yes, if you are a school leaver or on a gap year and have taken GCSEs then you will need to provide confirmation of these.

Degree students
We need your degree certificates or an official transcript which clearly states your overall degree classification. You only need to provide AS/A level certificates if these subjects were required as part of our entry requirements in conjunction with your degree and were not taken this year. We do not need to see GCSE results for graduate students.

I imagine this is the e-mail you got :h:
didnt anyone else get their place?
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I'm for BATL but got the same e-mail :yep:

If you have just gotten your A level results today then you shouldn't need to do anything with regards to this :nah:

Unless you've resat any GCSEs.. but I doubt this so you should be ok.

If you are a gapper/reapplicant such as myself then you need to prove your grades by certificates by either sending them (nooo) or doing it in person prior to enrolment (much safer and less stressful)

If you are a graduate then you'll need to prove your degree classification by the same means as the gappers :yep:

I imagine this is the e-mail you got :h:

mine went like this

Further to receipt of your results, I am very pleased to inform you that you now have an unconditional offer of a place on the above degree programme. If you have not already done so, you will have to provide original proof of your results before you will be able to enrol with College. Enrolment information will be sent by email.

its basically the same thing right?? i guess Barts is just better at giving instructions :tongue:
mine went like this

its basically the same thing right?? i guess Barts is just better at giving instructions :tongue:

What the I don't even?

Further to receipt of your results - so they know your grades..
provide original proof - :lolwut:

I would imagine that you don't have to do anything since you could be waiting until december time for your certificates..

I don't know.. you'll have to e-mail QM

And yes, Barts clearly is superior with e-mails :tongue:
Original post by Meiki_1805
I'm in ^^ Anyone else doing psychology ??

me! soo excited now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

I received this too.. I just emailed them because I have no idea what it means, haha.
So what's the next step in terms of applying for accommodation? It WAS my insurance, but living in the North-East I can safely say I'm some distance outside the M25!
I want to apply for law at Queen Mary. I just got my AS results yesterday and they were:

History- A
Geography- A
English lit- B
Economics- C

I'm obiously going to drop economics. So, I was wondering if you think I would be wise to apply for Queen Mary based on my AS results, as the entry requirements are A*AA?

P.S I was only 1 mark off an A in english lit, so I'm going to get a remark for that.
Original post by tommy1311
So what's the next step in terms of applying for accommodation? It WAS my insurance, but living in the North-East I can safely say I'm some distance outside the M25!

I'm in the same situation as you. I rang yesterday, and they sent through an email earlier with a user name/password to apply. I'd love to get campus accommodation, but I highly doubt there's going to be anything left.
Original post by Harry.K
I want to apply for law at Queen Mary. I just got my AS results yesterday and they were:

History- A
Geography- A
English lit- B
Economics- C

I'm obiously going to drop economics. So, I was wondering if you think I would be wise to apply for Queen Mary based on my AS results, as the entry requirements are A*AA?

P.S I was only 1 mark off an A in english lit, so I'm going to get a remark for that.

My AS Results were Law - A, History B, Economics B, French C - so I didn't do as well as you, and (although I know the entry requirements are going up next year) it didn't stop me from getting an offer to study the English and European Law Course at QM.

Plus, don't forget that they don't just look at your grades. If you write a decent personal statement that shows that you're dedicated, then you'll just help yourself that little bit more, won't you? :smile:

What's more, there's no reason why you shouldn't get the A*AA that they want next year - they know that there's a chance you could improve your grades. I came out of yesterday with A*AAB, so a bit better than I had expected after the grades I got last year! So yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't apply, maybe just make sure you apply for some "safer" ones too, to reassure yourself? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by VickyG166
My AS Results were Law - A, History B, Economics B, French C - so I didn't do as well as you, and (although I know the entry requirements are going up next year) it didn't stop me from getting an offer to study the English and European Law Course at QM.

Plus, they know that there's a chance you could improve your grades - I came out of yesterday with A*AAB, so a bit better than what I was offered and hoped for! So yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't apply, just make sure you apply for some "safer" ones too? :smile:

Cheers for the advice and well done on getting into QM!:smile: I am going to apply for QM and if my english lit grades goes up to an A after a remark then it should help me to be able to get the entry requirements.
Got in to QM :smile: anyone else studying English or staying at Ifor Evans? inbox me :biggrin:
Original post by thegingernator
Got in to QM :smile: anyone else studying English or staying at Ifor Evans? inbox me :biggrin:

I'm in for starting English next month! I'm in Creed House though. :smile:
Reply 1556
Chemistry with biochemistry anyone? :smile:
Anybody for Maurice Court?
Original post by xbabycakes
I received this too.. I just emailed them because I have no idea what it means, haha.

yh i did the same, did u get a reply yet?
yh i did the same, did u get a reply yet?

not yet no, but I'll let you know if I do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending