The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Johnthebaptist1
What the hell makes you say that?

A license and insurance are, basically, when you come down to the basics - peices of paper/card. Nothing more.

They do not affect one's ability to drive at all.

I'm saying this, taking into account your other posts in this thread.

My other posts include a stupid joke about murder.

Anyone who thinks driving without a licence and insurance is acceptable, is an idiot.

What if you crashed into someone?
No insurance= them suffering needlessly.
I Jailbreak a lot of game consoles. :dontknow:
Reply 82
Johnthebaptist1
There are many flaws in your post - however, just look at the last line of my post. Considering the kind of stuff that user was commending (Arson and Breaking&Entering amongst other things), it seemed quite odd he threw quite a btich fit over someone driving without a license.

Also, I know people who have driven for years without a license, without any insurance etc. yet never caused or been in an accident. Before you point me to some ******** survey/statistics/research - correalation does not equal causation. So just because uninsured drivers are involed in more accidents, does not mean:
a) that they caused the accident, or
b) it happened BECAUSE they were uninsured.

Ok. But I was only pointing out that if people don't have a license, it's probably for a reason, and that personally, I think it's just plain dangerous.
Mann18
My other posts include a stupid joke about murder.

Anyone who thinks driving without a licence and insurance is acceptable, is an idiot.

What if you crashed into someone?
No insurance= them suffering needlessly.

No it doesn't.

Ever heard of the MIB?... They may take a little longer to payout on average but its the same sometimes when liability is disputed with normal insurance.

Don't get me wrong - I'd much prefer everybody on the road to have a license and to have insurance. But it isn't that serious of a crime to not have one. The only reason the police focus so much on motoring/traffic offences is because:
a) they are easy targets (Lots of techonology nowadays, ANPR/PNC combined = very hard to drive without insurance without having your car compounded).
b) Generate lots of income - almost everything except the most serious driving offences are usually dealt with FPNs nowadays.

The point I am making anyway is that there is no proof whatsoever, as there never can be, as there is no link whatsoever - that having a pink card in your wallet means you are an able driver.

Some of the worst drivers I have seen are passed, insured etc. but they couldn't drive aptly to save their lives.
yvaiine
Ok. But I was only pointing out that if people don't have a license, it's probably for a reason, and that personally, I think it's just plain dangerous.

Underlighting personally doesn't mean that I won't respond and continue to be an annoying prick :tongue:

But anyway read my above post. There is no link between drivign dangerously and not having a license.

You will always get idiots on the road, whether they have a license or insurance is completely irrelevent as far as safety is concerned.
I have shoplifted - only three times

theft - I have stolen things from my old school- about 80 books from the school library, I especially took educational books people needed to revise with

Im also skived from school a lot
Yeah I have loads of times. :biggrin:
Reply 87
cookiecrisp
I think most people have through stuff like speeding or downloading music for free. If you think about it, something as simple as going 31 in a 30 zone is speeding. Also most teens have drunk alcohol of some sort etc

yahyah to the first part, but drinking alcohol under 18 is legal - it's just buying it that's illegal
it's legal to drink alcohol in private when you're 5 i believe
Reply 88
speeding, downloading music for free, that's about it I think
Meh, dowloading music, going to clubs underage- so identity theft haha.

Not done drugs or anything like that though, I'm feeling quite well behaved compared to reading the rest ahhaa.
:rofl: I love the poll result.

I went through a phase when I was about 11 where I stole sweets from a shop. I though I was such a little rebel haha. :rolleyes:
Downloading lots of stuff, lots of underage drinking, buying alcohol/fags for underage friends, possesion of various drugs, dealing if you are being pedantic (as in giving to friends, not actually selling), driving without tax/insurance/licence, shop lifting. Thats about it I think.
Reply 92
Copyright
Breaking and entering
Speeding
Possession of drugs
Driving without insurance
Buying alcohol for someone underage
Reply 93
Johnthebaptist1
No it doesn't.

Ever heard of the MIB?... They may take a little longer to payout on average but its the same sometimes when liability is disputed with normal insurance.

Don't get me wrong - I'd much prefer everybody on the road to have a license and to have insurance. But it isn't that serious of a crime to not have one. The only reason the police focus so much on motoring/traffic offences is because:
a) they are easy targets (Lots of techonology nowadays, ANPR/PNC combined = very hard to drive without insurance without having your car compounded).
b) Generate lots of income - almost everything except the most serious driving offences are usually dealt with FPNs nowadays.

The point I am making anyway is that there is no proof whatsoever, as there never can be, as there is no link whatsoever - that having a pink card in your wallet means you are an able driver.

Some of the worst drivers I have seen are passed, insured etc. but they couldn't drive aptly to save their lives.

Right, I didn't know about the MIB (which I assume stands for Men In Black) so I accept that point, but you cannot tell me that the majority of people who drive without a licence are able drivers, the majority will be stupid kids joyriding.
It's kinda hard not to break the law, well at some point in your life.
Hmm let's see
Underage drinking, going on a train without a ticket, downloading music are the only ones i can think of at the moment
Mann18
Right, I didn't know about the MIB (which I assume stands for Men In Black) so I accept that point, but you cannot tell me that the majority of people who drive without a licence are able drivers, the majority will be stupid kids joyriding.

MIB = Motor Insurer's Bureau, they pay out when people are victims in road accidents to uninsured drivers.

Also, I never said the majority were or were not. All I am saying is that its not as serious offence as it is usually made out to be (by the police/media/councils etc) nor is it as dangerous as you made it out to be.

Its stupid nonetheless, I just like to kick up a fuss :tongue:
Reply 96
Drugs of all varieties perhaps the most serious (in terms of penal consequences).
Boristhethird
so? this is not america, you can drink from 5 (at home with parents), or 16 with a meal in a pub.

Sorry, I meant underage drinking, I realise this ^
Broken the speed limit
Theft (by accident)
Tresspassing
Buying alcohol for underage friends
Underage drinking
Piracy
Peeing in public.... One day I will get caught, haha. I've had one close call - I went to pee in this bush and was away to drop the pants when a police officer walked out of the bush with a torch, I just kinda veered away like "omg I'm going to find a different bush". No idea what HE was doing in the bush, mind!
cookiecrisp
Sorry, I meant underage drinking, I realise this ^

:frown: i like proving people wrong, stop spoiling my fun :stomp:

Latest

Trending

Trending