The Student Room Group

LSE Graduate prospects

I was looking at the CUG Rankings for 2024 and I noticed in the graduate prospects metric LSE seemed to perform very well when it came to outcome i.e. employability (6th in UK), but much worse when it came to the 'on track' graduate prospects i.e. the proportion of graduates who agreed or strongly agreed with the statement ‘My [activity] fits with my future plans’. (31st in the UK)
Why would this be? Is it because of IB wannabes who haven't broken through in the industry?
Reply 1
Original post by N_G_99028
I was looking at the CUG Rankings for 2024 and I noticed in the graduate prospects metric LSE seemed to perform very well when it came to outcome i.e. employability (6th in UK), but much worse when it came to the 'on track' graduate prospects i.e. the proportion of graduates who agreed or strongly agreed with the statement ‘My [activity] fits with my future plans’. (31st in the UK)
Why would this be? Is it because of IB wannabes who haven't broken through in the industry?

No clue but I've heard LSE law grads do poorly (20% unemployment rate). Are you at LSE?
Reply 2
No prospective student for something other than law (probable Econ or politics)
Original post by Andi.0k
No clue but I've heard LSE law grads do poorly (20% unemployment rate). Are you at LSE?
Reply 3
Original post by N_G_99028
No prospective student for something other than law (probable Econ or politics)

Oh ok. That shouldn't be a problem if you are persistent, ambitious and not afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Nowadays most companies don't value loyalty (staying with them for long periods of time) the way they used to and a lot of people stay in the same job instead of being promoted. Even in companies they don't promote but a lot interview internal candidates for the job so it's similar to applying for a new job. It's what my mum had to do for her promotion.

As long as the only reason you're wanting to go isn't for job prospects then don't worry about it if it's a dream uni.
if i were a prospective student to LSE interested in graduate prospects, i would connect with people in the industry that i would like to work in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending