The Student Room Group

What annoys you about people on public transport?

Now, I don't usually travel in the sardine cans of the prole, but when I do venture into these alien environments, there is usually something about the people there that irritates me.

Notably:

- People listening to music on cheap headphones, and subjecting everyone to their poor music taste, due to the fact that the headphones fail to conceal the sound.

- If there are plenty of free double seats, those odd people who decide to sit next to you, even though they could have had a double seat to themselves.

- A group of chav troglodytes who feel the need to share their conversation with all the passengers.

- This is one of my biggest pet hates - people who eat smelly food or bring their stinking food shopping on the bus. I remember one time, it was so hot, and this woman's bought chicken from a supermarket stank through the whole carriage and smelt so putrid.

This is just the common stuff. I don't even want to get in to stuff that is somewhat rarer.

Feel free to add your own pet hates. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Margaret Thatcher
Now, I don't usually travel in the sardine cans of the prole, but when I do venture into these alien environments, there is usually something about the people there that irritates me.

Notably:

- People listening to music on cheap headphones, and subjecting everyone to their poor music taste, due to the fact that the headphones fail to conceal the sound.

- If there are plenty of free double seats, those odd people who decide to sit next to you, even though they could have had a double seat to themselves.

- A group of chav troglodytes who feel the need to share their conversation with all the passengers.

- This is one of my biggest pet hates - people who eat smelly food or bring their stinking food shopping on the bus. I remember one time, it was so hot, and this woman's bought chicken from a supermarket stank through the whole carriage and smelt so putrid.

This is just the common stuff. I don't even want to get in to stuff that is somewhat rarer.

Feel free to add your own pet hates. :smile:

people sat behind you that sneeze and don't cover their mouths :eek3: i am SO glad i have a car :biggrin:
emilyameliarose
people sat behind you that sneeze and don't cover their mouths :eek3: i am SO glad i have a car :biggrin:

Oh yeah, that's one - and those who cough all over the place but don't cover their mouths.
Reply 3
People who talk VERY LOUDLY on the phone
Freshies in their Tesco/Primark uniform who stink
Chavs blasting their crap music from the back
Mums with pushchairs

Wow I'm glad I drive haha :P
What really ***** me off is when people bring their dogs on the tube that are half poodle and half shiatsu and they call it a poosu when a shiatle is a far better name.
Reply 5
Overcrowding :mmm: Only recently I accidentally touched an old man in the buttocks *ew*
Talking really loudly.

Playing **** music (and it's always **** music) out aloud.

Putting bags on a seat or sitting on the outer seat so others can't sit there.

Delaying the bus by arguing with the bus driver for what ever reason.

Sneezing and not covering your mouth.
Reply 7
Large/fat or plain rude people who plonk themselves next to you on the bus and open their legs, giving you less room and making you very squashed in a corner :frown:. Also, people who try to nudge your arm off the arm rests in trains and claim the space as their own :mad: .
Reply 8
Other people.
Reply 9
- when the only seat spare on the bus is the one next to the smelly unwashed man who is custodian of a plethora of unpleasant habits such as the picking of the nose and the reading of the daily star
Reply 10
Chavs talking really loudly.
People playing their music on their phones, or listening to the mp3 player with it turned up to 120dB.
Reply 11
I haven't used public transport since I was 16, thank God!
:frown: them kids who stare and stare and stare....
Girls... And I say girls specifically because it seems that when they are on an enclosed bus with their group, they feel to speak at the top of their voices.
People that stand by the doors on the underground, when there is clearly room to stand elsewhere in the carriage, yet they still want to roll their eyes when people are brushing past them to get off the train:rolleyes:
There's probably plenty more, but these just happened recently.
When you're getting off a train/bus and the people on the otherside of the doors don't let you off but try and push past you first.
Also when they don't move out of the way, and just stand there idly, either at the other end of the ticket barrier, or at the top/bottom of escalators.
Drives me CRAZY.
Mothers who use their prams as battering rams or can't keep their squealing rat under control :mad:

Sweet_Comrade
When you're getting off a train/bus and the people on the otherside of the doors don't let you off but try and push past you first.
Also when they don't move out of the way, and just stand there idly, either at the other end of the ticket barrier, or at the top/bottom of escalators.
Drives me CRAZY.

Easy way to deal with that, get off the train shoulders first.
Reply 16
This video by a friend of mine explains everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpFYrk_hon0
Reply 17
-Smelly sweaty people who have never heard of deodrant
-People that stand really close to you/sit next to you when there is plenty of space on the train/bus
-People that stare at you
-Old men/Foreign people hitting on you then following you when you get off the train/bus
-Mums with prams
-Crying children
Smelly people.

I'm glad I haven't had to use the bus in a while.
Reply 19
If I have sunglasses on me I always wear them on the tube, it makes people watching easier. And besides, I never know where to look, and I hate that awkward moment when you make eye contact with the person that's on the seat directly in front of you and you know they were watching you and they know you were watching them and its just awkward. so very awkward.
I hate it when people have massive rucksacks, and BO. Eurggh.

Latest

Trending

Trending