The Student Room Group

Issues with jobs because I cannot drive

Basically I have just finished my university degree but I am having huge issues finding jobs for one simple reason.

Basically I cannot drive for medical reasons so I am reliant on public transport. However this means I am extremely limited on what jobs I can take, as I can only take jobs I can access by train or other forms of transport like bus. And this limits me a lot because not only is it hard for me to take jobs that are not easily accessible through public transport but I am also restricted to my area because the fares would take a lot off my daily earnings.

Is there a way around this that I can get to jobs that are only accessible by car or have limited public transport, I really need to find a way as this is frustratingly limiting me, and I have found some good jobs that suit me a lot but I've had to back out of them because I have no way of getting there, and I am struggling to find opportunities that are accessible for me that are suited to me or close to the field i want to get into. I am in urgent need of a solution because I am facing so much family pressure to get a job but really don't want to do something not suited to me just because I can't drive... And I've just found a really good opportunity that I really want to take but its in a place thats only accessible by fricken car, but I really do not want to turn it down.

There has to be a way, as this is totally unfair that not being allowed to drive due to a medical condition limits my options in this way, I feel like I am being punished for having a medical condition that means I cannot drive safely...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effectivedragon
Basically I have just finished my university degree but I am having huge issues finding jobs for one simple reason.

Basically I cannot drive for medical reasons so I am reliant on public transport. However this means I am extremely limited on what jobs I can take, as I can only take jobs I can access by train or other forms of transport like bus. And this limits me a lot because not only is it hard for me to take jobs that are not easily accessible through public transport but I am also restricted to my area because the fares would take a lot off my daily earnings.

Is there a way around this that I can get to jobs that are only accessible by car or have limited public transport, I really need to find a way as this is frustratingly limiting me, and I have found some good jobs that suit me a lot but I've had to back out of them because I have no way of getting there, and I am struggling to find opportunities that are accessible for me that are suited to me or close to the field i want to get into. I am in urgent need of a solution because I am facing so much family pressure to get a job but really don't want to do something not suited to me just because I can't drive... And I've just found a really good opportunity that I really want to take but its in a place thats only accessible by fricken car, but I really do not want to turn it down.

There has to be a way, as this is totally unfair that not being allowed to drive due to a medical condition limits my options in this way, I feel like I am being punished for having a medical condition that means I cannot drive safely...

Does your medical condition preclude you from cycling? If you were to take a fold-up bike on a bus or train, would that increase the range of jobs you could access?

Taking an Uber (or similar) too and from work would almost certainly be too expensive. If your family are putting pressure on you to get a job, maybe one of them could give you a lift?

Or (pretty drastic, this one!), could you move to a flat closer to your ideal job?
Original post by DataVenia
Does your medical condition preclude you from cycling? If you were to take a fold-up bike on a bus or train, would that increase the range of jobs you could access?

Taking an Uber (or similar) too and from work would almost certainly be too expensive. If your family are putting pressure on you to get a job, maybe one of them could give you a lift?

Or (pretty drastic, this one!), could you move to a flat closer to your ideal job?

No it doesn't stop me cycling but cycling doesn't help my situation due to proximity of the job to train and bus services... Family giving me a lift is also not an option unless the job is in the area of their job (and I have looked at that but struggled to find anything I like there) because they have jobs of their own. Moving to a flat closer could be something doable in like 5-10 years time but I do not have the money for that and there is no job that is accessible for me without a car that would earn close to what I need to afford that other than stuff that I have no qualifications for.

Also to say this, I am fully prepared to accept not going to be able to go straight into what I want for other reasons. The thing I am not having to accept is having good jobs right there in front of me that I cannot take just because I cannot drive... like why is there nothing in place to ensure those that cannot drive are not punished in this way, its pretty unfair.
No it doesn't stop me cycling but cycling doesn't help my situation due to proximity of the job to train and bus services... Family giving me a lift is also not an option unless the job is in the area of their job (and I have looked at that but struggled to find anything I like there) because they have jobs of their own. Moving to a flat closer could be something doable in like 5-10 years time but I do not have the money for that and there is no job that is accessible for me without a car that would earn close to what I need to afford that other than stuff that I have no qualifications for.

Also to say this, I am fully prepared to accept not going to be able to go straight into what I want for other reasons. The thing I am not having to accept is having good jobs right there in front of me that I cannot take just because I cannot drive... like why is there nothing in place to ensure those that cannot drive are not punished in this way, its pretty unfair.

OK. I'm almost out of ideas, but I have one left...

Have you checked to see whether there's a scheme in your area similar to (of hopefully better than) the London Taxicard scheme. The details will almost certainly vary depending on the area of the country you're in, and I can't imagine you're in London as you haven't mention the tube as being an option. From their web site, here:

"The London Taxicard scheme provides subsidised door to door journeys in licensed taxis and private hire vehicles for London residents who have serious mobility or visual impairments. It is funded by the London boroughs and Transport for London and managed by London Councils on their behalf."

Note that the travel is not free (it's subsidised), the number of journeys per year is capped, and you might not be eligible anyway. So it might not actually be a solution - but check your local council's web site to see if they have a similar (hopefully better) scheme available.

Finally, I mentioned in a post above that "Taking an Uber (or similar) too and from work would almost certainly be too expensive." Have you actually priced it up? I'm thinking of something like UberX Share, where you share the ride with someone else heading your way (to reduce the cost). If you're getting paid (for example) £12 per hour and you can get the journey for £6 each way, then you'd effectively be working for 8 hours and being paid for 7 (as the income from 1 hour covers for your travel costs). Obviously I've just made those numbers up, but don't dismiss it until you've done the math.
I mean commuting a distance by train is not that uncommon. I would wager the majority of those working in London commute by train for example - some across significant distances. Yes, this is expensive but that's just what the world is now unfortunately.

I think realistically you may need to accept one of the following:
a) reduced pool of options (and potentially reduced earnings potential) by limiting yourself to places within close proximity to your current location
b) the need to relocate when you find a job (which is also pretty standard - some employers even provide some support for relocation costs)
c) higher earnings potential elsewhere but at the cost of having to pay a fair bit to commute without relocating. This is true whether you have a medical condition or not - all graduates need to make this decision realistically, as for many commuting by car isn't an option for a variety of reasons.

That said you may be able to get support from your employer in terms of reasonable adjustments (flexible working, some additional working from home or similar) in view of your medical condition making commuting harder. But it's unlikely you will get them to be able to completely remove the need to potentially commute or to completely cover costs of support processes. There may also be specific schemes through local councils etc as noted above to support those with accessibility needs.
OK. I'm almost out of ideas, but I have one left...

Have you checked to see whether there's a scheme in your area similar to (of hopefully better than) the London Taxicard scheme. The details will almost certainly vary depending on the area of the country you're in, and I can't imagine you're in London as you haven't mention the tube as being an option. From their web site, here:

"The London Taxicard scheme provides subsidised door to door journeys in licensed taxis and private hire vehicles for London residents who have serious mobility or visual impairments. It is funded by the London boroughs and Transport for London and managed by London Councils on their behalf."

Note that the travel is not free (it's subsidised), the number of journeys per year is capped, and you might not be eligible anyway. So it might not actually be a solution - but check your local council's web site to see if they have a similar (hopefully better) scheme available.

Finally, I mentioned in a post above that "Taking an Uber (or similar) too and from work would almost certainly be too expensive." Have you actually priced it up? I'm thinking of something like UberX Share, where you share the ride with someone else heading your way (to reduce the cost). If you're getting paid (for example) £12 per hour and you can get the journey for £6 each way, then you'd effectively be working for 8 hours and being paid for 7 (as the income from 1 hour covers for your travel costs). Obviously I've just made those numbers up, but don't dismiss it until you've done the math.

I don't live near London and I probably wouldn't be eligible anyway as this medical condition does not really affect anything else when it comes to mobility other than mean I cannot be a safe driver. I also have looked at specifically UberX but unless its close it would take a big chunk out of my daily earnings... part of the problem is I live in a suburb...
Reply 6
If you can drive and have had to surrender your license on medical grounds you can qualify for a concessionary travel pass funded by government via your local authority , the basic concessionary pass acts a bit like the oap pass - free travel after 9:30am half price before 9:30 . Depending on medical condition you may also apply for concessionary plus which has no such limitations,

I know that you dont want to do a job not in your desired career are, but could you not get a different job in your area for the time being- just until you find something better. It may not seem ideal, but at least you are earning money and gaining some form of experience until you get something better/in your desired field.
Is moving an option? Moving else where that is more easily accessible for the jobs you want may be an option if you can afford it/have family living elsewhere.
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean commuting a distance by train is not that uncommon. I would wager the majority of those working in London commute by train for example - some across significant distances. Yes, this is expensive but that's just what the world is now unfortunately.

I think realistically you may need to accept one of the following:
a) reduced pool of options (and potentially reduced earnings potential) by limiting yourself to places within close proximity to your current location
b) the need to relocate when you find a job (which is also pretty standard - some employers even provide some support for relocation costs)
c) higher earnings potential elsewhere but at the cost of having to pay a fair bit to commute without relocating. This is true whether you have a medical condition or not - all graduates need to make this decision realistically, as for many commuting by car isn't an option for a variety of reasons.

That said you may be able to get support from your employer in terms of reasonable adjustments (flexible working, some additional working from home or similar) in view of your medical condition making commuting harder. But it's unlikely you will get them to be able to completely remove the need to potentially commute or to completely cover costs of support processes. There may also be specific schemes through local councils etc as noted above to support those with accessibility needs.

My feeling on what you said is;

This is kind of a response to both A and B. This is an insignificant medical condition in the grand scheme of things when it comes to my daily life (not going to go into the details but not being able to drive is the only effect on my life I really care about, all the other effects are not significant) I REALLY do not want to accept this as I worked extremely hard during my university degree to get the qualifications I need to have a career in the field I want to be working in. And yes most people have to work in smaller jobs first but I feel like this is a silly reason to do that when I have the qualifications and have been on the verge of being accepted for jobs but have not been able to take them because I have no way of getting there. And the only jobs around that I CAN realistically access are basic jobs like store/retail jobs and other jobs that you don't really need much qualification for which wouldn't earn me enough to afford a place of my own to be able to relocate, or jobs that are completely not my thing/I have no qualifications for so would never get accepted. Basically I am worried if I concede to this and let this limit me now I am either conceding to a life of living with my parents and being never able to get a dream job, or will need to get qualifications in something else to be able to get a job and afford my own place and then be able to go back to my passion, which feels quite unrealistic. The other thing is I am worried if I can't take these opportunities now these opportunities will go. (I do still apply in the hope I find a way of getting there) And every job I have to reject or get rejected for is mentally draining for me and makes me feel like I've wasted my life going for this, as well as wasted my life convincing myself this condition doesn't define me or my career.

Regarding C, as I said, I live in a suburb and its a fair commuting distance to anywhere that may have a job thats accessible from a train station or a bus station so the fares would take too much from my earnings to the point I wouldn't be able to earn enough, public transport is stupidly expensive in this country... most people who do this have a high earning job and to be able to get that I need more qualifications and experience working in this field.

Also why does it have to be this way? Pretty much every neighbouring European country I have been to has way better, and more importantly, cheaper trains than we do to the point if we had that system I'd have way more opportunities. (of course i cant do that until i have enough earnings to afford to move abroad)
My feeling on what you said is;

This is kind of a response to both A and B. This is an insignificant medical condition in the grand scheme of things when it comes to my daily life (not going to go into the details but not being able to drive is the only effect on my life I really care about, all the other effects are not significant) I REALLY do not want to accept this as I worked extremely hard during my university degree to get the qualifications I need to have a career in the field I want to be working in. And yes most people have to work in smaller jobs first but I feel like this is a silly reason to do that when I have the qualifications and have been on the verge of being accepted for jobs but have not been able to take them because I have no way of getting there. And the only jobs around that I CAN realistically access are basic jobs like store/retail jobs and other jobs that you don't really need much qualification for which wouldn't earn me enough to afford a place of my own to be able to relocate, or jobs that are completely not my thing/I have no qualifications for so would never get accepted. Basically I am worried if I concede to this and let this limit me now I am either conceding to a life of living with my parents and being never able to get a dream job, or will need to get qualifications in something else to be able to get a job and afford my own place and then be able to go back to my passion, which feels quite unrealistic. The other thing is I am worried if I can't take these opportunities now these opportunities will go. (I do still apply in the hope I find a way of getting there) And every job I have to reject or get rejected for is mentally draining for me and makes me feel like I've wasted my life going for this, as well as wasted my life convincing myself this condition doesn't define me or my career.

Regarding C, as I said, I live in a suburb and its a fair commuting distance to anywhere that may have a job thats accessible from a train station or a bus station so the fares would take too much from my earnings to the point I wouldn't be able to earn enough, public transport is stupidly expensive in this country... most people who do this have a high earning job and to be able to get that I need more qualifications and experience working in this field.

Also why does it have to be this way? Pretty much every neighbouring European country I have been to has way better, and more importantly, cheaper trains than we do to the point if we had that system I'd have way more opportunities. (of course i cant do that until i have enough earnings to afford to move abroad)

Well it "has" to be this way because nitwits keep voting for the Tories (who then have about 6 PMs per general election and drain every possible penny out of public services) 😕

Spoiler

I digress however!

I think you really will then need to look at relocating and at jobs that support new hire relocation expenses. This gives you a lot more options potentially! You can also see about using your student overdraft to support that temporarily while you're being transitioned to a graduate account too...it's not ideal but it's a possibility.

Also honestly people do commute long distances even on relatively low earning jobs...my sister commutes to London to work full time in a job that has rather average pay (she gets paid less than the receptionists/admin staff at her work place, while in a technical role). It's something like 1/3 of her paycheque goes towards her train tickets (and a lot of the rest towards rent etc). Her work does however have a scheme to allow her to have them buy the yearly train pass up front for her, and then deduct the cost monthly from her paycheque. So that's also something to explore - this is not uncommon for businesses based in London and similar I think.
Well it "has" to be this way because nitwits keep voting for the Tories (who then have about 6 PMs per general election and drain every possible penny out of public services) 😕

Spoiler

I digress however!

I think you really will then need to look at relocating and at jobs that support new hire relocation expenses. This gives you a lot more options potentially! You can also see about using your student overdraft to support that temporarily while you're being transitioned to a graduate account too...it's not ideal but it's a possibility.

Also honestly people do commute long distances even on relatively low earning jobs...my sister commutes to London to work full time in a job that has rather average pay (she gets paid less than the receptionists/admin staff at her work place, while in a technical role). It's something like 1/3 of her paycheque goes towards her train tickets (and a lot of the rest towards rent etc). Her work does however have a scheme to allow her to have them buy the yearly train pass up front for her, and then deduct the cost monthly from her paycheque. So that's also something to explore - this is not uncommon for businesses based in London and similar I think.

Unfortunately I don't think any of the jobs I am looking at do support that or anything to do with travel costs... and a further problem with that is even if they did offer it, because these jobs aren't close to any train station and my life would consist of me just going to work and coming home because of it, my social life which is very important to me would take a massive knock as I wouldn't be able to attend stuff without a lift and it already is impacted enough as it is by being unable to drive tho my friends always put effort into making sure stuff that we do is in places near a train station/accessible from a train station... I am lucky I live by a train station...

The thing is and I have looked at it regarding the second bit, I am having a really hard time looking for a job that I have qualifications for or can commute to without it taking up half my daily pay or more, as I said I live a fair distance from a large city where there's lots of jobs available... and to be able to relocate I need to earn enough first...

And like this is really annoying this job I mentioned earlier is perfect for me at this current stage and realistically the best my current qualifications will allow, its right up my street and pays well and I have applied and been offered an interview (I did already ask them about the above but they don't offer that and basically said its my responsibility to get there, but I haven't told them my medical condition means I can't drive otherwise I'd be rejected). I HAVE to take this job, I am unsure if I will get another opportunity like this, and I have been told so many times my medical condition doesn't define me, but if I am shut off from a great job opportunity like this I cannot hide from the feeling that it defines my career... there surely HAS to be a way I can take this job... and I'm worried if I don't I'm gonna be conceding to having limited career options for the rest of my life, I don't want to let these limitations and the ableist government we have win. Surely this medical condition is way too insignificant to define my career, like when seeing me you can hardly tell I have it...
(edited 3 months ago)
Unfortunately I don't think any of the jobs I am looking at do support that or anything to do with travel costs... and a further problem with that is even if they did offer it, because these jobs aren't close to any train station and my life would consist of me just going to work and coming home because of it, my social life which is very important to me would take a massive knock as I wouldn't be able to attend stuff without a lift and it already is impacted enough as it is by being unable to drive tho my friends always put effort into making sure stuff that we do is in places near a train station/accessible from a train station... I am lucky I live by a train station...

The thing is and I have looked at it regarding the second bit, I am having a really hard time looking for a job that I have qualifications for or can commute to without it taking up half my daily pay or more, as I said I live a fair distance from a large city where there's lots of jobs available... and to be able to relocate I need to earn enough first...

And like this is really annoying this job I mentioned earlier is perfect for me at this current stage and realistically the best my current qualifications will allow, its right up my street and pays well and I have applied and been offered an interview (I did already ask them about the above but they don't offer that and basically said its my responsibility to get there, but I haven't told them my medical condition means I can't drive otherwise I'd be rejected). I HAVE to take this job, I am unsure if I will get another opportunity like this, and I have been told so many times my medical condition doesn't define me, but if I am shut off from a great job opportunity like this I cannot hide from the feeling that it defines my career... there surely HAS to be a way I can take this job... and I'm worried if I don't I'm gonna be conceding to having limited career options for the rest of my life, I don't want to let these limitations and the ableist government we have win. Surely this medical condition is way too insignificant to define my career, like when seeing me you can hardly tell I have it...

Well bear in mind getting a given job doesn't mean you're bound to that job forever. It might just be necessary to take a lower paying job locally for a couple of years and save up, then apply to jobs elsewhere when you have the saved money to be able to relocate if successful. The experience from working in that role may well be useful anyway in applying to the desired jobs.

Note most jobs don't require you to drive or have a driving license unless you are actually driving as part of the work. It's just up to you to figure out how to get from point A to point B. They might stipulate you have access to transport to the location but this can well be public transport, ubers, a bike, whatever as applicable.
Well bear in mind getting a given job doesn't mean you're bound to that job forever. It might just be necessary to take a lower paying job locally for a couple of years and save up, then apply to jobs elsewhere when you have the saved money to be able to relocate if successful. The experience from working in that role may well be useful anyway in applying to the desired jobs.

Note most jobs don't require you to drive or have a driving license unless you are actually driving as part of the work. It's just up to you to figure out how to get from point A to point B. They might stipulate you have access to transport to the location but this can well be public transport, ubers, a bike, whatever as applicable.

I know but how do I relocate to access a job not accessible without transport without meaning I basically cannot leave that place without a lift because of no transport in the area. And surely that could take a while.

Furthermore I have been examining this job I really want to take and its absolutely perfect for my future career and I am unsure if another opportunity like it will come... A medical reason is a silly reason not to take it and if I can't how do I convince myself this medical condition isnt going to define my life for the rest of my life and that its insignificant?

I just want to have the mobility everyone else does. Furthermore I find it very unfair to be disqualified from driving for something not my fault and not given anything to ensure I still have the opportunities everyone else does... like how can people do that to someone? Also why should I have to relocate just to take a job thats like 45 minutes drive from me, it adds another unnecessary barrier to my dreams... i mean my friends are able to take jobs similar distance and accessible without it why cant i?
(edited 3 months ago)
I know but how do I relocate to access a job not accessible without transport without meaning I basically cannot leave that place without a lift because of no transport in the area. And surely that could take a while.

Furthermore I have been examining this job I really want to take and its absolutely perfect for my future career and I am unsure if another opportunity like it will come... A medical reason is a silly reason not to take it and if I can't how do I convince myself this medical condition isnt going to define my life for the rest of my life and that its insignificant?

I just want to have the mobility everyone else does. Furthermore I find it very unfair to be disqualified from driving for something not my fault and not given anything to ensure I still have the opportunities everyone else does... like how can people do that to someone? Also why should I have to relocate just to take a job thats like 45 minutes drive from me, it adds another unnecessary barrier to my dreams... i mean my friends are able to take jobs similar distance and accessible without it why cant i?

I don't really know what you are looking to get out of this now.You have the options laid out to you. Unfortunately you can't change your situation, you can't change the rules around driving, and it is what it is. It's up to you to navigate that and it may well involve sacrificing some opportunities due to stuff happening that doesn't go to plan.

The reason you are disqualified from driving (presumably, due to legal factors) isn't due to fault, it's due to safety for you and others presumably. Nothing is going to change this outcome.
(edited 3 months ago)
I don't really know what you are looking to get out of this now.You have the options laid out to you. Unfortunately you can't change your situation, you can't change the rules around driving, and it is what it is. It's up to you to navigate that and it may well involve sacrificing some opportunities due to stuff happening that doesn't go to plan.

The reason you are disqualified from driving (presumably, due to legal factors) isn't due to fault, it's due to safety for you and others presumably. Nothing is going to change this outcome.

I'm just looking to find a way I can convince myself that this condition doesnt define me or my career, or avoid it letting it affect my career, as having to reject a job that could be great for me is mentally draining, and find a way I don't have to reject a job that I really want...
I'm just looking to find a way I can convince myself that this condition doesnt define me or my career, or avoid it letting it affect my career, as having to reject a job that could be great for me is mentally draining, and find a way I don't have to reject a job that I really want...

You say above that you are "having a really hard time looking for a job that I have qualifications for or can commute to without it taking up half my daily pay or more". If it were me, I'd follow-up on the "job I really want to take and its absolutely perfect for my future career and I am unsure if another opportunity like it will come" - despite the travel costs.

So it takes half your pay to take an Uber there and back every day. For the "absolutely perfect" job that may set you up perfectly for your future career, it's probably a price worth paying. Once you've gained experience there, there may be opportunities to work from home, or they may be prepared to help with your transport costs, or you may get a pay rise which reduces the impact of those transport costs, or you may be able to leverage that experience to secure an even better role (for which you're not currently qualified) more locally, or a million other potential outcomes.

It sucks that your life is impacted in this way by your medical condition. It's likely to have a disproportionate impact now - early in your career - than it will later. So hopefully things will be easier when looking for your next job.

While I'm sympathetic to this making things more challenging than they would otherwise, as above and as I've alluded to I think you are fixing some of these barriers in place yourself. Yes it absolutely would suck to spend most if your paycheque in rent and commuting with a long commute. But people do in fact do that for a variety of reasons, some being more absolute than others. You also do have longer term routes to your desired outcome but this probably does mean accepting you will have to make some sacrifices in the meantime. That is just adult life sometimes unfortunately :frown:
I think someone has already said it but I haven't seen a response to them, in many areas being medically unable to drive does make you eligible for a council bus pass. I recommend looking up your area's requirements to see if you might be eligible.
My friend who can't drive due to eyesight has this and finds it very helpful although some areas have reduced hours it works.
You say above that you are "having a really hard time looking for a job that I have qualifications for or can commute to without it taking up half my daily pay or more". If it were me, I'd follow-up on the "job I really want to take and its absolutely perfect for my future career and I am unsure if another opportunity like it will come" - despite the travel costs.

So it takes half your pay to take an Uber there and back every day. For the "absolutely perfect" job that may set you up perfectly for your future career, it's probably a price worth paying. Once you've gained experience there, there may be opportunities to work from home, or they may be prepared to help with your transport costs, or you may get a pay rise which reduces the impact of those transport costs, or you may be able to leverage that experience to secure an even better role (for which you're not currently qualified) more locally, or a million other potential outcomes.

It sucks that your life is impacted in this way by your medical condition. It's likely to have a disproportionate impact now - early in your career - than it will later. So hopefully things will be easier when looking for your next job.

The thing is unless I can find something cheaper than what I've found, and I have looked at this is the taxi or uber will take up too much of my income to the point I cannot pay what my family who I am living with want me to (not just rent but they want me to contribute to electricity bills and stuff) What's the cheapest taxi option in the UK?
Original post by Fibonacci28
I think someone has already said it but I haven't seen a response to them, in many areas being medically unable to drive does make you eligible for a council bus pass. I recommend looking up your area's requirements to see if you might be eligible.
My friend who can't drive due to eyesight has this and finds it very helpful although some areas have reduced hours it works.

Unfortunately as I have mentioned the areas I have mentioned that I am trying to access have limited public transport, I mean a lot of them do have buses but getting there from a train station every morning is impossible...

In all of is I have to say this is the thing with ableism. I have been told many times that its possible to live a normal life with this condition and that the world is understanding and isn't ableist, but unfortunately I feel it is and it is unfair that I have had mobility taken away from me this way. I am not slamming the decision to disqualify me from driving, its for safety reasons for myself and others. The thing I am slamming is the fact I feel like I have been disqualified and abandoned with no alternative or replacement. Like why can't people who are disqualified from driving for medical reasons be given free taxi rides, why should I have to be limited in what I can do or have to face extra pay just because of some insignificant medical condition? Like how can a society be so biased towards driving, then take that ability away from someone without giving SOMETHING that could make up for that and still be like you need to drive to not be limited and if you medically can't then tough...I feel so abandoned and its so mentally draining and terrible for my self esteem. It feels like I am having a limb chopped off with no prosthetic...
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending