The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will not.
Reply 2
Just another way of saving money, cheap labour.
Reply 3
I applied just to see what they'd offer me. I have no idea if I'll have time to do it.
Sephiroth

So? If you had a business wouldn't you do this? Or would you waste your money when you could get free volunteers?
Reply 5
Already a thread here
Reply 6
I'll probably apply then decide later, depending how easy it will be to get to london and like, stay there for a few weeks.
Reply 7
Sephiroth

ZOMG! Quick, tell all the people who've signed up, now! I'm sure they have no idea that volunteering means they'll be working for no wage...
Yeah, I am. May as well develop a work ethic while I'm young.
Reply 9
I don't know, I kind of want to but I won't be living in London at that time so it'll be a long commute :dontknow:
I applied - Hope I don't have to go to far and can do something in my area though =)
Moi
Annoying-Mouse
So? If you had a business wouldn't you do this? Or would you waste your money when you could get free volunteers?

Of course. If you can convince people they should work for you for free because it will help their CV or whatever, you may as well do it. I see it as kind of exploitation when people feel they have to "volunteer" in order to get experience or whatever to get a proper job. It's hardly "volunteering" if you feel you've got to do it. No doubt 2012 volunteering will be sold the same way.
Reply 13
I can't commit to something so far in advance.
Sakujo
So applications opened today, who's gonna apply?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11308900

I have. :getmecoat:

I really want to get good tickets for the Taekwondo games. :woo:
I won't. Better to take an internship at that time.
Reply 16
I would like to!
But I don't think may people will want to commit to something 2 years in advance.
Who knows what they'll be doing by then?
I am not.

I really don't understand why they came to Manchester recently canvassing for this :lolwut:
Reply 18
TheMeister
I really don't understand why they came to Manchester recently canvassing for this :lolwut:

Old Trafford will be an Olympic venue for the football competition.
Nope. I'm not from London and it would cost me money to do it.

Latest

Trending

Trending