The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I said at the time that there was no way he'd be able to walk as slowly as he did barefoot over the ice. He'd be sprinting across on his tiptoes (if his toes didn't stick to the surface)

And omg how amazing are these
!?

walking slowly over snow and ice isn't too bad, i do it quite a lot when it is cold here, the problem is after being in freezing water you don't then just sit around talking for 10 minutes before putting your shoes on. even when running barefoot in the snow you generally need some foot covering fairly quickly, especially if you're not used to the cold.
the scene in generally just didn't create that cold feel, they acted as if it were a warm day and they hadn't just gone for a swim in some icy water. that was one of the most annoying parts for me, other than a few other awkward scenes it was very good.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hylean
Imagine that, Helena Bohem Carter playing a crazy goth chick well. Ever since she hooked up with Tim, she's been utterly type-cast. The same with Depp.

In recent years Helena Bonham Carter has played Enid Blyton, Anne Boleyn and is about to appear in a film as Queen Elizabeth. Depp, meanwhile, has played John Dillinger, J.M.Barrie, George Jung, a CIA agent, Donnie Brasco and is about to appear in a film as a heartbroken American tourist. Hardly a lack of breadth in those careers.
Most amazing film I have ever seen in my life.
Reply 723
Original post by Marsha2112
I didn't say that at all, I said they aren't biologically related therefore not brother and sister.
I have been paying attention, she can write a book about how they have 10 kids if she wants, I still think she would never go for Ron and it wouldn't happen irl. Harry/Hermione is just...compatible really.

You have no idea what you're talking about. But if you want to continue living in your own delusional little world, that's fine by me.
Reply 724
Original post by Zero 1
the scene with the frozen lake was rather poor, it lacked any illusion of it being cold. the first thing he does after being in freezing water at night is put his glasses on, then he puts trousers on before torso covering, and then he remains barefoot for a considerable time afterwards, the actors seemed to forget entirely to make it appear that they were cold, which was quite annoying.

I didn't really think about that. But yes, Dan said the water was heated up. What I think was silly, was jumping in the lake with an evil Horcrux around your neck!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

And omg how amazing are these
!?

Ha, that's pretty cool. He has done entire books? Kudos to him.
Reply 726
I just watched Harry Melling aka Dudley in Merlin :awesome:

Playing a magical person :awesome:
Saw it on Friday, loved it! Miles better than most of the others.

The twins were adorable! "Georgie"! And I'm so pleased they got some properly funny lines in this film, and that the "holey" line was kept in the film. (George putting his toothbrush in the hole!)

I really liked the animation bit too. The dancing bit ws sweet, it was nice to some smiles in the film.

I personally really like the wedding scene and the 7 Potters.
Reply 728
Just went to see it, great film, best decision ever to split it into two parts, allows them to be faithful to the film... Also the story scene was really really good, best bit of the film!
Reply 729
Original post by Luceria
I didn't really think about that. But yes, Dan said the water was heated up. What I think was silly, was jumping in the lake with an evil Horcrux around your neck!

he also takes the longest route across the ice that is possible, when he could have walk around the edge and then taken 2 steps to get to the centre
Reply 730
Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man
LOOOL

I said this when the guy was reading out dumbledores will to ron

"This is for you..It will guide you through the darkness into the light" that wasn't word for word but it reminded me a hell of a lot of the thing the elf woman gave to frodo

But i quite liked the film

ha yeah that was another one I forgot! No way near as good as the half blood prince which i watched again today
"Dobby did not mean to kill...merely maim, or severely injure". :lol:
I really liked this film. It was a much better improvement to 'half-blood prince', which was very confusing and boring at some points. I can't wait for part 2:biggrin:
Reply 733
Original post by Remarqable M
I really liked this film. It was a much better improvement to 'half-blood prince', which was very confusing and boring at some points. I can't wait for part 2:biggrin:

I love Half Blood Prince. Don't see how it can be confusing (unless you haven't read the book of course).. There are some scenes I don't like in it though.
Hairy Potter.
Original post by Luceria
I love Half Blood Prince. Don't see how it can be confusing (unless you haven't read the book of course).. There are some scenes I don't like in it though.

Yeah, you're right. I haven't read the book. Maybe if i had read the book I would've had different view:smile:
Reply 736
Original post by Remarqable M
Yeah, you're right. I haven't read the book. Maybe if i had read the book I would've had different view:smile:

Well that explains it. The books are really important. The last films have been more for the people who have read the books, and not just seen the films.(which are quite different from the books). You are missing out on a lot!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 737
The Books > The Films
Reply 738
Scabior has become quite popular since the release of the film :lol:..
There are Scabior/Hermione fan fics out there now. :eek: lol.

He is strangely attractive though :love:
lool, harry with a stinging jinx on his eye. made me lol in the cinema. No offenece but he jut looked funny or rather obese :s-smilie: I dunno but funny. Found this movie to be my 3rd best after phil stone and gob fire

Quick Reply

Latest