The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by reems23
:frown:

sorrry reeemy boy! :hugs:
This film was a million times better than the last ones! forget christmas, uni applications and school, i could really use a time turner now :frown:
Reply 662
Original post by chab92
I sort of felt that this one didn't have much in it, it was all about them camping with a little bit of fighting in between. Next one should be MUCH better. :biggrin: Well made film, but I also didnt like that animation bit. That was not how harry potter should be

What do you think they should have done with that bit? :smile:
Reply 663
Original post by Ears
Anyone, If I just read the Deathly Hallows, would I be confused? I've never read the books before, but I really want to read this.

Hmmm it's really hard to tell, but I think you might be. Why not start though and see how it goes, and if you find it too confusing go back to the start (or at least read Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince).
Reply 664
Original post by ily_em
Hmmm it's really hard to tell, but I think you might be. Why not start though and see how it goes, and if you find it too confusing go back to the start (or at least read Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince).

I may have to do that, but I just spent the last 30 mins scrolling through harry potter wiki to find out more about the sub plots. It's amazing how detailed the story actually is, and how developed the characters and plot are.

I'm going to buy the book and see what happens!
Reply 665
I thought the animation bit was very effective actually :P
Reply 666
Original post by Ears
I may have to do that, but I just spent the last 30 mins scrolling through harry potter wiki to find out more about the sub plots. It's amazing how detailed the story actually is, and how developed the characters and plot are.

I'm going to buy the book and see what happens!

Ok :smile: Enjoy! I would really recommend reading all 7 though; as you said, there are so many sub plots weaving through and stuff mentioned briefly in the first book etc suddenly becomes really important later on - it'll be so much more enjoyable for you to read!

Edit: I loved the animation too :love:
(edited 13 years ago)
What did everyone think of the dancing scene between Harry and Hermione?
Reply 668
Original post by laura-rad

I loved it! It was really sweet, amusing and a nice addition. Harry wanting to cheer Hermione up. You could really see how strong their friendship is. But when the dance ends Hermione goes back to being depressed about Ron.
Reply 669
Original post by Ears
Anyone, If I just read the Deathly Hallows, would I be confused? I've never read the books before, but I really want to read this.

You definitely need to read all the books! I would not advise anyone to start on Deathly Hallows.
Reply 670
Original post by kittyminkyx
i usually hate the films for not following the book properly, but this one was soooo much better than the last two!

actually wasn't disappointed, although daniel radcliff's acting is so bad!!

and did anyone notice they didnt show dudleys face? hahah

Original post by sandys1000
Yeah I've watched a couple of the older ones since and it's reminded me how comparatively faithful this one actually was.

Did the actor playing him not cone back?

No, he was in it but has lost loads of weight and had to wear a fat suit - that could be why?

He's hot now :sogood:

I'm really regretting not bringing DH (or any of the books tbh) with me to uni :sad: I shall have to read it at Christmas, and somehow manage to work, and do work for my course as well. Oh and of course have a rest :p:
Originally Posted by laura-rad

Gahh! Don't get me started on Harry and Hermione in this film!! Esepcially the locket scene... I'm going to have nightmares from that, I just know it!

Omg! Dudders has grown up! :eek:
Original post by Tuppenny
I'd rather read Harry Potter than Dickens any day of the week. Dickens bores the crap out of me. I think you'll find that in a hundred years time Harry Potter will most likely be treated as a scholarly text as it reflects a great deal of relevant societal concerns. Please don't just mention old books to try and appear intelligent, it makes you look stupid :fyi:

It's treated as a scholarly text now, I'm studying it at uni =D
Reply 674
Original post by Trigger
Oh that? I didn't think that was a dig at all lol. I guess it's open to interpretation.

I don't think it was a dig either. Twilight is a genuine time of day, and that's what it says in Beedle the Bard that Rowling published a couple years ago. But if people want to see it as a dig...
Original post by laura-rad

I really liked that bit as well. Can't get the song out of my head now.
Reply 676
Original post by TuckingFypo™
I think I'm in love with her. :fan:

Imagine that, Helena Bohem Carter playing a crazy goth chick well. Ever since she hooked up with Tim, she's been utterly type-cast. The same with Depp.

Still, the part might as well have been written for her.

Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
I laughed all the way through that...least sexy scene ever. Why can't they just get the girl who plays Amy Pond to play Ginny? Ginny was supposed to be sexy and sassy and awesome.
Sigh.

Really? I don't see Ginny as being "sassy" or even remotely "sexy", I always imagined her more as shy but straight talking and beautiful. She's exceptionally shy and only really forces things with Harry when she sees he's never going to make the move. Whilst I always got that she would happily talk back to people she knew, I never got the impression she was sassy. Then again, that's just me.

It saddens me the sequel comes out the same day as the new Winnie the Pooh movie.
Original post by Hylean
It saddens me the sequel comes out the same day as the new Winnie the Pooh movie.

That excites me =D Day at cinema for me I think =D
Original post by Hylean

Really? I don't see Ginny as being "sassy" or even remotely "sexy", I always imagined her more as shy but straight talking and beautiful. She's exceptionally shy and only really forces things with Harry when she sees he's never going to make the move. Whilst I always got that she would happily talk back to people she knew, I never got the impression she was sassy. Then again, that's just me.

But she gets loads of boyfriends! And is generally seen as a bit of a player... at least that's what I got. And a lot of the descriptions of her use the word "fierce" which I like to interpret in the Beyonce kind of way.
Original post by sandys1000
I really liked that bit as well. Can't get the song out of my head now.

Same. I'm full on buying it from itunes now haha

Quick Reply

Latest