The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leticiabessel
Haha phew ;]

Nottingham and Exeter want AAA, Southampton want AAB, East Anglia want ABB/ABC. Since I live in Plymouth everything is far away, but it's very important for me to live within a reasonable distance. Exeter is the closest but... meh :P if Bristol reject me, I'll make Southampton my firm and UEA my insurance. If Bristol give me an offer... I have no idea what my insurance will be! AAB isn't exactly a safe net to fall back on, so Southampton isn't ideal, but since Bristol will probs want A*AA or something, it'll be very hard to achieve. I don't know, but I'm trying not to worry about it until I have to =)

Let me know what grades they want when your Track is updated!

Will do, if you don't find out yourself hopefully :smile: Tho they did say Track should be updated within 4 weeks.. :angry: Should be sooner hopefully tho!

I just had a check on the website, they say:

"AAA (A Mathematics, A Further Mathematics) or
A*AA (A* Mathematics, plus at least one subject from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Computer Science)"

So hopefully (I assume you take Fmaths) it will be AAA which wouldn't be too bad :smile:

Southampton is defo a top choice, firm or insurance anyways, but I guess you're right, see what happens then who knows :tongue: It may be a lot easier to decide after Jan module results anyway
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Andy Ftw
Will do, if you don't find out yourself hopefully :smile: Tho they did say Track should be updated within 4 weeks.. :angry: Should be sooner hopefully tho!

I just had a check on the website, they say:

"AAA (A Mathematics, A Further Mathematics) or
A*AA (A* Mathematics, plus at least one subject from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Computer Science)"

So hopefully (I assume you take Fmaths) it will be AAA which wouldn't be too bad :smile:

Southampton is defo a top choice, firm or insurance anyways, but I guess you're right, see what happens then who knows :tongue: It may be a lot easier to decide after Jan module results anyway

I do take Further Maths... and since my Jan module for Physics was the worst exam I've ever done, I have no choice but get an A in FM! haha.

We'll see, anyway. :smile:
Original post by Warel
Got an AAA offer for Comp Sci and Electronics today, well made-up :smile:

Yay! Another computer scientist :woo: The computer scientists on this thread were missing for a long time. Is Bristol your first choice?
I just want a reply now, goddamn it, even though I'm sure it's a rejection by now.
Original post by Forever a Gnome
I just want a reply now, goddamn it, even though I'm sure it's a rejection by now.

I guess the status of our applications will be Forever Unknown.
Original post by Muffinz
I guess the status of our applications will be Forever Unknown.

That did make me laugh, along with your amazing sig.

Same here, but for English!!!
That did make me laugh, along with your amazing sig.

Same here!
Come on History.

...It's the last but one working day of February.
Same here!

I think I deserve an offer just for that :h:
Original post by Muffinz
I think I deserve an offer just for that :h:

You definitely do! haha. Dare I ask if you're from... The Place That Must Not Be Named When You're Outside Of It?
You definitely do! haha. Dare I ask if you're from... The Place That Must Not Be Named When You're Outside Of It?

The where? o_o
Reply 1372
Original post by nikita_atikin
Yay! Another computer scientist :woo: The computer scientists on this thread were missing for a long time. Is Bristol your first choice?

Stick to more feminine pursuits like cooking and baby making. Computing Science will just crash that little female brain! :wink:
Original post by Muffinz
The where? o_o

Nevermind :biggrin: hope you hear from them soon!
Original post by Jamjar
Stick to more feminine pursuits like cooking and baby making. Computing Science will just crash that little female brain! :wink:

Erm, thanks? :s-smilie: Feelings are mutual? :s-smilie:
Any applicants that have put Engineering Maths as their firm choice?:smile:
Rejected for psychology.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Rejected for psychology.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Any idea why?
Original post by hayheyley
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Any idea why?

GCSEs: 6As 3Bs 2Cs
AS: 4 As
A2 predicted: A*A*A*a*

I guess my GCSE grades or my A level subjects: Philosophy, Psychology & Sociology + EPQ.

I've asked for feedback, but ah well, it was my last choice but kind of sucks having 3 rejections :frown:
Original post by Noodlzzz
GCSEs: 6As 3Bs 2Cs
AS: 4 As
A2 predicted: A*A*A*a*

I guess my GCSE grades or my A level subjects: Philosophy, Psychology & Sociology + EPQ.

I've asked for feedback, but ah well, it was my last choice but kind of sucks having 3 rejections :frown:

I can't imagine they'd reject you for those GCSEs but who knows how the minds of these admissions tutors work :dontknow: Are you still considering doing a different course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending