The Student Room Group

SJT, SAQ forms

I’ve applied for Bristol, Surrey, Nottingham and Liverpool but haven’t received any forms yet (I have had a confirmation email from notts and Surrey) when are we supposed to get them?
Does anyone know the deadlines?
Ok so I know the deadline for Bristol but not Surrey or Notts
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by alb8544
I’ve applied for Bristol, Surrey, Nottingham and Liverpool but haven’t received any forms yet (I have had a confirmation email from notts and Surrey) when are we supposed to get them?

The SAQ for Bristol is due on 15th November. The confirmation email they send out will give you the link to log into their admissions portal where you can view the SAQ and complete it (you can view the questions and close it as much as you need). I've only applied to Bristol so can't comment on the others sorry :smile: If you don't get the confirmation email from them within 2 weeks of submitting your UCAS application you can call the admissions team and they can resend it.
Reply 2
Original post by RRID
The SAQ for Bristol is due on 15th November. The confirmation email they send out will give you the link to log into their admissions portal where you can view the SAQ and complete it (you can view the questions and close it as much as you need). I've only applied to Bristol so can't comment on the others sorry :smile: If you don't get the confirmation email from them within 2 weeks of submitting your UCAS application you can call the admissions team and they can resend it.

Ok, thank you! Good luck with your application
Reply 3
Original post by alb8544
Ok, thank you! Good luck with your application

Good luck to you too!
Original post by alb8544

Hi, fourth-year Liverpool vet student here. You can access the work experience form via the 'How to Apply' BSVc page (https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/veterina.../how-to-apply/). The deadline for the form appears to be 23:59 GMT on the 30th of October 2023. I hope that helps!
Reply 5
Original post by OrangeArcher
Hi, fourth-year Liverpool vet student here. You can access the work experience form via the 'How to Apply' BSVc page (https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/veterina.../how-to-apply/). The deadline for the form appears to be 23:59 GMT on the 30th of October 2023. I hope that helps!

Thank you
Original post by alb8544
Thank you

No problem. If you have any questions about Liverpool Vet School, feel free to ask them and I will try and answer them!
Original post by alb8544

Hello,

The deadline for applicants to complete their questionnaire is tomorrow, Wednesday 25th October at Midday (UK time) 😊

Please feel free to ask me any questions relating to Surrey.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Reply 8
Original post by RRID

My son believes the deadline showing on his UCAS portal was the 20th Nov for Bristol’s SAQ. He is unable to do his SAQ now as a covering email says the deadline was yesterday. Has anyone any experience of this please ? He’s devastated and normally v organised.
Reply 9
Original post by KRSJ
My son believes the deadline showing on his UCAS portal was the 20th Nov for Bristol’s SAQ. He is unable to do his SAQ now as a covering email says the deadline was yesterday. Has anyone any experience of this please ? He’s devastated and normally v organised.

The saq doesn’t get registered through ucas you only get sent a separate email about it with the link to it and the date it needs to be done by. I’m not sure what he thought he saw but I’m afraid he might just have to forget about Bristol and focus on his other applications x
Reply 10
Original post by KRSJ

It was definitely the 15th it says on the Bristol student portal. Unfortunately I’m not sure they accept late entries
Reply 11
Original post by KRSJ

Unfortunately this is the nightmare situation that occurs every year because there are so many dates to keep track of, and it’s why at the beginning of each application cycle I advise a paper calendar stuck to a desk or fridge in plain sight with timelines and dates for all the schools applied to.
I can only advise that you call Bristol straight away, but as @ALEreapp has said, the chances are slim that they will make an exception unless you have serious mitigating circumstances and can prove them. Because of the very limited number of places they refuse great applicants each year that have respected all the deadlines, so it would be unfair to make an exception for someone that missed a basic requirement.
Your son still has 3 other potential vet places, so I advise he concentrates on his interview preparation for those.
Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending