The Student Room Group

2024 Law Application

Hey, I've applied for Law (a mixture of Scots and Common Law) for 2024 entry. I'm waiting to hear back from Glasgow, Durham, and Bristol. I wanted to ask if anyone has gotten an offer from these universities for Law. I don't know if it's just me and my application or if not many applicants have gotten offers yet. Any answers would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
I’ve applied to Durham and Bristol as well and heard nothing
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy_2
Hey, I've applied for Law (a mixture of Scots and Common Law) for 2024 entry. I'm waiting to hear back from Glasgow, Durham, and Bristol. I wanted to ask if anyone has gotten an offer from these universities for Law. I don't know if it's just me and my application or if not many applicants have gotten offers yet. Any answers would be much appreciated!

Still waiting for glasgow. Applies for scots and common
Reply 3
Original post by ciabatta1
I’ve applied to Durham and Bristol as well and heard nothing

Has your application been put on hold for Bristol? mine has and I don't know how to feel about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy_2
Has your application been put on hold for Bristol? mine has and I don't know how to feel about it.

Yeah I got put on hold two weeks ago
Original post by Lucy_2

I applied to common law at Glasgow in late December and got an offer in early January! I also applied to Durham but I haven’t yet heard back from them too. Don’t worry tho, I’m sure there are just too much applications for them to process so they might just be taking their time. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy_2

i’ve only heard from durham today but my friend heard back from glasgow a frw months ago but that was for french and law combined
Reply 7
I got an offer from Bristol in November but most people seem to be on hold for Bristol so I wouldn't worry too much
Reply 8
Original post by Lucy_2

I heard back from durham within a few days but Bristol hasn't said anything really
Reply 9
Original post by TS_30021
I heard back from durham within a few days but Bristol hasn't said anything really

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you apply with and what was the offer they made you?
Reply 10
Original post by Lucy_2
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you apply with and what was the offer they made you?

I'm an international student, so I had to apply with a certain percentage equivalent to the A*AA and they made me a non contextual, conditional offer- I think I was mainly given an offer so early because my LNAT score was pretty good. Also,I wouldn't worry too much about Durham's replies, they seem to be taking a longer time for a majority of applicants this year.
I got an offer from Durham early January but still waiting on Glasgow...
Original post by Lucy_2
Hi! A bit late responding to this but my friend's Bristol application (not for Law though) was put on hold pretty quickly after she applied (November) but in January she received another ucas email saying there had been an update and it changed to giving her a conditional offer! We thought at the time an offer on hold meant that they definitely liked your application, but needed to wait for the deadline and check what the standard was for other applicants to your course? and then decide if yours is up to that standard. Hope that makes sense, we were just guessing anyway
I've also applied to Bristol for Law and have heard nothing! I haven't even been put on hold, should i be worried?
Reply 14
Original post by freyabeth444
I've also applied to Bristol for Law and have heard nothing! I haven't even been put on hold, should i be worried?
I got an offer for A*AA last night. I was put on hold for 8 days prior to the offer, I don't think it's anything to worry about! My predicted grades were AAB and LNATS 23
Reply 15
Well done that’s so great! Congratulations, still waiting but I’m hoping I’ll hear back soon.
Reply 16
Original post by queenbee2121
I got an offer for A*AA last night. I was put on hold for 8 days prior to the offer, I don't think it's anything to worry about! My predicted grades were AAB and LNATS 23
Thanks! i hope you hear back and get an offer soon! what other unis did you apply to?
Reply 17
Original post by queenbee2121
Thanks! i hope you hear back and get an offer soon! what other unis did you apply to?
I applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Bristol, Durham and Cambridge
Reply 18
Original post by Lucy_2
I applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Bristol, Durham and Cambridge
have any of the others given you offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending