The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol held my application

Hey,

I’ve applied to Bristol and the course is BSc Sociology with Study Abroad. My predicted grades are A*A*A and the requirements are AAB. I’ve just had an email from them saying that they are holding my application. Is that anything to worry about? Is that a bad thing? Is this normal?

Thanks
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by trixster06
I’ve applied to Bristol and the course is BSc Sociology with Study Abroad. My predicted grades are A*A*A and the requirements are AAB. I’ve just had an email from them saying that they are holding my application. Is that anything to worry about? Is that a bad thing? Is this normal?

It's a pretty standard thing for Bristol to do. There's information as to what it means here: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/

Bear in mind that all universities have to consider all applicants who apply before the end of January equally.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hey,

Thanks

I’ve been put on hold too for econ and finance which requires AAA and I’m predicted A*A*A*. They’re just playing hard to get fr
I think it’s somewhat positive - my course (AAA) has put me on hold (A*A*A), however last year, my sister was applying to Bristol and didn’t get out on hold and was ultimately rejected.
They are essentially just trying to let you know not to expect an update for a while, very reasonable & not a reflection of a future decision. Probably just due to waiting to see the number of applications they get before the January deadline (all applications have to be treated equally so if they don’t know the total amount of applications they have to be very cautious).
From another thread:

Original post by Admit-One
'On hold' is fairly meaningless, it doesn't mean anything one way or another. Just think of it as a courtesy to let you know it has been received and started to be processed

Nearly all applications go on hold at some point, unis just don't bother changing the status to let you know about it :smile:
Hey,

Thanks

out of interest when did you submit your application?
I've applied for Bristol and my application was sent 2 days ago - so i just wanna know if mine will also be on hold when i will find out
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been put on hold too for econ and finance which requires AAA and I’m predicted A*A*A*. They’re just playing hard to get fr

Yeah I’ve got A*A*A*A* and I need A*AA for engineering but they’ve put me hold. Defo playing hard to get 😂
Reply 8
Original post by lee_miller7
out of interest when did you submit your application?
I've applied for Bristol and my application was sent 2 days ago - so i just wanna know if mine will also be on hold when i will find out

sorry for the late reply but i submitted my UCAS applications to all 5 unis on 11th October. Bristol sent me the email saying they’ve held my application on 13th October
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Arcmor206
Yeah I’ve got A*A*A*A* and I need A*AA for engineering but they’ve put me hold. Defo playing hard to get 😂

lol i guess so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending