The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by gabrielle_w
I am!! i am also so fedup of waiting. i got a letter in december abouut 2 weeks before christmas saying that they had assesed my application but couldnt come to a decision so would wait until after the deadline. Then at the same time i heard quite a few people got offers. Then about a month ago loads of geog people were rejected who hadnt got any sort of letter/email but now we are just waiting like crazy. I rekon if it gets to March 31st i will email them, because it isnt fair making us wait so long. x

I got that letter too! Would this be your first choice? It is so nerve-wracking... I appreciate they have so many applicants but it isn’t really fair to keep so main people waiting - perhaps it's better to be left in the dark though :tongue: :s-smilie:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1701
has ANYBODY heard from Bristol for English yet ? it's been so long! :redface:
Original post by joannne
has ANYBODY heard from Bristol for English yet ? it's been so long! :redface:

Some have! I know of both rejections and offers. But not for us! :rolleyes: Where else do you have offers from? :smile: Good luck.
Original post by Rapunzel

Me too :frown: I think I probably got that same letter in December ... I applid for the BSc because I thought the application statistics looked more preferable (although that may not make a difference) and apparently there's a possibility of swapping onto either the MSci or year in continental Europe in certain situations. What about you?

MSci but I'm regretting it now because if I ever get an offer, I think the grades could be higher - not that I'm getting an offer as it stands. Good luck!
Original post by writerwho~
Oh wow, well done! I bet you'll love the city, it's gorgeous! :smile:

Thanks! Have you got an offer? Yeah im sure I will, Ive been to the uni bits and theyre gorgeous so im sure the rest of the city will be the same :smile: Also i found when i went there last that it wasn't too large and intimidating like for example Manchester...(im a bit of a country girl!)
Original post by Ifmacleod
Thanks! Have you got an offer? Yeah im sure I will, Ive been to the uni bits and theyre gorgeous so im sure the rest of the city will be the same :smile: Also i found when i went there last that it wasn't too large and intimidating like for example Manchester...(im a bit of a country girl!)

Woohoo for country girls :biggrin: me too :tongue:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Woohoo for country girls :biggrin: me too :tongue:

Haha where are you from? Have you got an offer??
Haha where are you from? Have you got an offer??

I live in Cornwall :biggrin: and yes I do, for Psychology :tongue: firmed it last week :smile:
Reply 1708
Original post by subbacultcha.
so surreal but so so good! did you send emails etc when you got rejected? my track got updated today has yours been?

Yeah I actually sent one as I thought it was odd that I hadn't been offered an interview (having been promised one earlier on in the year). I am a 'mature' applicant so my offer is unconditional and so track update came fairly promptly (took about 2 days). Bristol going to be your firm then?
I got that letter too! Would this be your first choice? It is so nerve-wracking... I appreciate they have so many applicants but it isn’t really fair to keep so main people waiting - perhaps it's better to be left in the dark though :tongue: :s-smilie:

i rekon we are on the waiting list then?and yeh i rekon so i cant decide between bristol and UCL...hard decision! what about you?x
^ That's sweet :smile:

Is anybody still waiting for GEOGRAPHY? I'm dreading getting rejected :frown: and i've heard rumours that they may not get back to us until May. The suspense...

Also, I'm new to TSR and am therefore really excited about these smilies - :bl::gigg::hare::jive::banana::badger: Look how many there are!

meee, I emailed them the other day and they said a decision would be reached by the end of the month...

Same! I don't have an offer or a rejection! I have just emailed them though... Enjoy your visit! :smile:
Reply 1712
Original post by KayteeKaytee
MSci but I'm regretting it now because if I ever get an offer, I think the grades could be higher - not that I'm getting an offer as it stands. Good luck!

That might not be the case...I'm afraid I'm no expert :frown: Good luck to you too!!!
Reply 1713
Original post by gabrielle_w
i rekon we are on the waiting list then?and yeh i rekon so i cant decide between bristol and UCL...hard decision! what about you?x

Maybe:tongue: let's be optimistic until we know:tongue: Not a bad choice! I'd say Bristol (as I didn't apply to UCL hehe) - Bristol would definately be my first choice now! Good luck with your application and making a decision :smile:
Reply 1714
Original post by legend_90
meee, I emailed them the other day and they said a decision would be reached by the end of the month...

Are you serious?! Thank you for telling us :tongue: Now I'm really nervous, I'll be checking my email obsessively - good luck!
Rejected. From all five.

:woo:

...:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by KingMessi
Rejected. From all five.

Im sorry to hear that :frown:

UCAS Extra interest you at all? :redface:
Rejected. From all five.

Oh my god! I'm so sorry! You have amazing grades! :eek: :frown: Good luck with whatever you do now, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Reply 1718
Rejected. From all five.

How did you manage that :confused:. Did you give yourself an insurance? Did your PS read like a list of facts?
Original post by Jackeeba
How did you manage that :confused:. Did you give yourself an insurance? Did your PS read like a list of facts?

No idea. My insurance was East Anglia...AAB...and my personal statement sucked...I'maware of that.

Even so, to get five rejections was surprising....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending