Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Me. Still waiting and getting really fed up. Got a letter just after the application closing date in January to say they were waiting for more applicants (!!) but nothing since.

Did you apply for BSc or MSci?
    Me too I think I probably got that same letter in December ... I applid for the BSc because I thought the application statistics looked more preferable (although that may not make a difference) and apparently there's a possibility of swapping onto either the MSci or year in continental Europe in certain situations. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielle_w)
    I am!! i am also so fedup of waiting. i got a letter in december abouut 2 weeks before christmas saying that they had assesed my application but couldnt come to a decision so would wait until after the deadline. Then at the same time i heard quite a few people got offers. Then about a month ago loads of geog people were rejected who hadnt got any sort of letter/email but now we are just waiting like crazy. I rekon if it gets to March 31st i will email them, because it isnt fair making us wait so long. x
    I got that letter too! Would this be your first choice? It is so nerve-wracking... I appreciate they have so many applicants but it isn’t really fair to keep so main people waiting - perhaps it's better to be left in the dark though

ReputationRep:
    has ANYBODY heard from Bristol for English yet ? it's been so long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannne)
    has ANYBODY heard from Bristol for English yet ? it's been so long!
    Some have! I know of both rejections and offers. But not for us! :rolleyes: Where else do you have offers from? Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapunzel)
    Me too I think I probably got that same letter in December ... I applid for the BSc because I thought the application statistics looked more preferable (although that may not make a difference) and apparently there's a possibility of swapping onto either the MSci or year in continental Europe in certain situations. What about you?
    MSci but I'm regretting it now because if I ever get an offer, I think the grades could be higher - not that I'm getting an offer as it stands. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writerwho~)
    Oh wow, well done! I bet you'll love the city, it's gorgeous!
    Thanks! Have you got an offer? Yeah im sure I will, Ive been to the uni bits and theyre gorgeous so im sure the rest of the city will be the same Also i found when i went there last that it wasn't too large and intimidating like for example Manchester...(im a bit of a country girl!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ifmacleod)
    Thanks! Have you got an offer? Yeah im sure I will, Ive been to the uni bits and theyre gorgeous so im sure the rest of the city will be the same Also i found when i went there last that it wasn't too large and intimidating like for example Manchester...(im a bit of a country girl!)
    Woohoo for country girls me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Woohoo for country girls me too
    Haha where are you from? Have you got an offer??

ReputationRep:
    Haha where are you from? Have you got an offer??
    I live in Cornwall and yes I do, for Psychology firmed it last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subbacultcha.)
    so surreal but so so good! did you send emails etc when you got rejected? my track got updated today has yours been?
    Yeah I actually sent one as I thought it was odd that I hadn't been offered an interview (having been promised one earlier on in the year). I am a 'mature' applicant so my offer is unconditional and so track update came fairly promptly (took about 2 days). Bristol going to be your firm then?

ReputationRep:
    I got that letter too! Would this be your first choice? It is so nerve-wracking... I appreciate they have so many applicants but it isn’t really fair to keep so main people waiting - perhaps it's better to be left in the dark though
    i rekon we are on the waiting list then?and yeh i rekon so i cant decide between bristol and UCL...hard decision! what about you?x

ReputationRep:
    ^ That's sweet

Is anybody still waiting for GEOGRAPHY? I'm dreading getting rejected and i've heard rumours that they may not get back to us until May. The suspense...

Also, I'm new to TSR and am therefore really excited about these smilies - :bl::gigg::hare::jive::banana::badger: Look how many there are!
    meee, I emailed them the other day and they said a decision would be reached by the end of the month...

ReputationRep:
    Same! I don't have an offer or a rejection! I have just emailed them though... Enjoy your visit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    MSci but I'm regretting it now because if I ever get an offer, I think the grades could be higher - not that I'm getting an offer as it stands. Good luck!
    That might not be the case...I'm afraid I'm no expert Good luck to you too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielle_w)
    i rekon we are on the waiting list then?and yeh i rekon so i cant decide between bristol and UCL...hard decision! what about you?x
    Maybe let's be optimistic until we know Not a bad choice! I'd say Bristol (as I didn't apply to UCL hehe) - Bristol would definately be my first choice now! Good luck with your application and making a decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend_90)
    meee, I emailed them the other day and they said a decision would be reached by the end of the month...
    Are you serious?! Thank you for telling us Now I'm really nervous, I'll be checking my email obsessively - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected. From all five.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Rejected. From all five.

Im sorry to hear that

UCAS Extra interest you at all?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected. From all five.

Oh my god! I'm so sorry! You have amazing grades! :eek: Good luck with whatever you do now, I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected. From all five.

How did you manage that :confused:. Did you give yourself an insurance? Did your PS read like a list of facts?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.