The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
No, your Caley card won't get you in. But you can a day pass as a member of the public.
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Surely you can just stroll in and use the books in the library, but you will have a hard time taking them out obviously.
Reply 3
I was a student at Strathclyde a few years ago and you were allowed access to the Glasgow Uni library if you showed your marticulation card at the door. I am pretty sure that it was the same sort of deal for Caley students.

You are not allowed to borrow books, but you can spend as much time as you want there. I am pretty sure Caley students can use the Strathclyde library also.
Numberone-outkast
Surely you can just stroll in and use the books in the library, but you will have a hard time taking them out obviously.

You have to swipe your matriculation card to get through turnstiles.
Reply 5
Student2806
You have to swipe your matriculation card to get through turnstiles.

I don't want to take any books out. Just need to get some notes. So I can get in with my matric card?
Reply 6
sbarrie2
I don't want to take any books out. Just need to get some notes. So I can get in with my matric card?

No.
Reply 7
sbarrie2

Nope, you can't even buy a membership without being a Glasgow Uni graduate. The day pass idea would be your best idea, although I have no idea you get one.
Reply 8
DrCave
Nope, you can't even buy a membership without being a Glasgow Uni graduate. The day pass idea would be your best idea, although I have no idea you get one.

Well i went, and i got in. The guy at the barrier just said to show my student card and they'll let me through :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending