The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Is Aston University Good?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah_dru
I know, it's mad! When I got back I was completely confused and the library staff thought I was a fresher cos I couldn't work the new machines. Placement beats final year though, trust me.

Ciao Hannah!
Haha I havent tried them yet but I guess next year when I do I best take a friend with me lol!
Yaaa im sure it does, not really looking forward to doing my final year project. Looked at some of this year ones and they look a challenge! *gulp*

Have you finished Uni now?!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by DJSKYLINE
Ciao Hannah!
Haha I havent tried them yet but I guess next year when I do I best take a friend with me lol!
Yaaa im sure it does, not really looking forward to doing my final year project. Looked at some of this year ones and they look a challenge! *gulp*

Have you finished Uni now?!

Sorry it took me ages to reply to this, I've had the flu for a week. I haven't finished unfortunately, I'm in final year so I'm a bit behind now with being ill.
Original post by hannah_dru
Sorry it took me ages to reply to this, I've had the flu for a week. I haven't finished unfortunately, I'm in final year so I'm a bit behind now with being ill.

its ok! aw hope you get better soon! good luck with final year!!
I found out I can apply for my final year uni accomodation in janauary woo!
Original post by DJSKYLINE
its ok! aw hope you get better soon! good luck with final year!!
I found out I can apply for my final year uni accomodation in janauary woo!

Thanks, doing a lot better now and caught up with my work.
Yay :biggrin: Would definitely apply then so you can get in quick.
I've just started AS German at Sixth Form and I'm thinking about studying German at uni, I got an A at GCSE along with an A in Italian, mostly B's and C's. I'm the only one in my class and starting next month I get a one-on-one session with a native german speaker every week. Would Aston be right for me if I wanted to study translation/german?
Only you could say if Aston is right or wrong for you.

Aston has some very good subject departments and overall is usually between the 20th and 30th best Uni in the country.

Aston is based one campus in Birmingham city centre as well which is a bonus for a lot of people who come here to study.

Hope that helps
Original post by willjustme1
I've just started AS German at Sixth Form and I'm thinking about studying German at uni, I got an A at GCSE along with an A in Italian, mostly B's and C's. I'm the only one in my class and starting next month I get a one-on-one session with a native german speaker every week. Would Aston be right for me if I wanted to study translation/german?

If you're interest in studying German with us you and like facts and figures, you may be interested to know our German courses are ranked number 1 for graduate employability by the 2015 Complete University Guide and in the top 15 for student satisfaction in the Guardian University Guide.
Reply 47
Anyone doing International Biz and Management at Aston uni currently?
got an offer, but unsure if its good. :x
I've just started AS German and am thinking of going to Uni for German and possibly a career, I got an A at GCSE and I'm the only person in my AS class which is a bit awkward, I also got an A in Italian (my only 2 A's) I mostly got B's and C's for the rest. Do you think Aston would be right for me for studying german?
Original post by willjustme1
I've just started AS German and am thinking of going to Uni for German and possibly a career, I got an A at GCSE and I'm the only person in my AS class which is a bit awkward, I also got an A in Italian (my only 2 A's) I mostly got B's and C's for the rest. Do you think Aston would be right for me for studying german?

Best thing to do is come for an open day for a visit and speak to the people from the school of Languages and Social Sciences :smile:

As someone said above, only you can say if Aston's right for you

Quick Reply

Latest