The Student Room Group

Aston vs UOBirmingham (Law)

I'm split between Aston and UOBirmingham for Law. I've currently taken an Aston offer for Law but UOB offered me Law LLB too. Now I'm stuck because I don't know which will look better. Yes, I'm aware UOB is Russell group but is it really that important? I've been getting mixed reviews from everywhere about its importance.

Please respond ASAP as I am stuck and have til tomorrow to make a decision.
Reply 1
Bump so someone replies, haha
Reply 2
Take Birmingham 100%. Much better uni.
Reply 4
Original post by LawStudent456
Take Birmingham 100%. Much better uni.

What makes you say that?
Reply 5
Entry requirements usually tell a story - UOB - AAA, Aston BBB.

Have you visited both? Which do you like best?
Reply 6
Original post by Laycity
Entry requirements usually tell a story - UOB - AAA, Aston BBB.

Have you visited both? Which do you like best?

I have visited both, yeah. I went to a seminar at UOB and everything was pretty good besides the other people. I did not like the attitude of some of the people I met as they felt awfully disingenuous. I like the feeling of Aston as it is closer to the City Centre and I've been to the area hundreds of times so I'm a lot more familiar with it than I am with UOB. UOB has the RG title and better facilities though. I think a large worry of mine is the possibility of feeling overwhelmed and dropping out, so I just hope they have decent facilities for support as it seems like it is one of those universities where they would rather treat everybody as a number than as a person, if you know what I mean.
UOB is by far the better university, Aston is slightly better than the other joke unis in Birmingham though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending