The Student Room Group

do you think i have a chance of getting into this uni??

So i submitted my ucas on 30th november, for accounting and finance.

i applied to 5 universities: aston university, university of birmingham, university college birmingham, coventry university, and birmingham city university.

i got an offer from coventry the next day, still waiting on the others.

i'm confident that i'll get offers from aston, birmingham city, and university college birmingham, because i meet all their entry requirements, however i'm not sure if i'll receive one from university of birmingham.

although i meet all the a-level entry requirements, i don't meet the gcse one. i got a 5 in maths but they require a 6.

my personal statement is quite good (it clearly shows my passion for accounting and finance) and so are my extra activities.

do you think i have a chance of getting an offer from them??? i really would like to get one because it's such a good university. ik that accounting and finance is not a particularly competitive course compared to degrees like medicine, law, pharmacy, etc.do you think one grade off the entry requirements will really matter to them, considering the rest of my application is fine??? (i am aware that they dont really read personal statements properly but i hope they give it a good look).
Original post by ronweasley127

i applied to 5 universities: aston university, university of birmingham, university college birmingham, coventry university, and birmingham city university.

i'm confident that i'll get offers from aston, birmingham city, and university college birmingham, because i meet all their entry requirements, however i'm not sure if i'll receive one from university of birmingham.

although i meet all the a-level entry requirements, i don't meet the gcse one. i got a 5 in maths but they require a 6.

my personal statement is quite good (it clearly shows my passion for accounting and finance) and so are my extra activities.

do you think i have a chance of getting an offer from them??? i really would like to get one because it's such a good university. ik that accounting and finance is not a particularly competitive course compared to degrees like medicine, law, pharmacy, etc.do you think one grade off the entry requirements will really matter to them, considering the rest of my application is fine??? (i am aware that they dont really read personal statements properly but i hope they give it a good look).

Usually if you dont have a GCSE subject it is an automatic refusal. The reason Maths is required is the level needed to complete the course. Why arent you re sitting. Had you done that you could have shown it as pending and it would have been added to your conditions
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Usually if you dont have a GCSE subject it is an automatic refusal. The reason Maths is required is the level needed to complete the course. Why arent you re sitting. Had you done that you could have shown it as pending and it would have been added to your conditions

yeaa i rly wanted to resit but my parents said no cuz they said there are other good unis that u meet the requirements for eg aston so theres no point in revising that stuff again

You should have alisha have researched in advance regarding the entry requirements. If you fail to meet the basic entry requirements then it is very likely that you will face a rejection. Have you took Maths at A-level?
Reply 4
Original post by Ambiguous Super
You should have alisha have researched in advance regarding the entry requirements. If you fail to meet the basic entry requirements then it is very likely that you will face a rejection. Have you took Maths at A-level?

yea i did know abt the entry requirements, i just thought that theres no harm in adding uni of birmingham as one of my options, since i couldn't think of a 5th one. no, i didn't take maths a level cuz it wasn't a requirement.
my first option has always been aston, but i just thought it'd be nice to have two good unis to choose from
yea i did know abt the entry requirements, i just thought that theres no harm in adding uni of birmingham as one of my options, since i couldn't think of a 5th one. no, i didn't take maths a level cuz it wasn't a requirement.
my first option has always been aston, but i just thought it'd be nice to have two good unis to choose from

I understand. Hopefully you get the remaining offers (:
Reply 6
Original post by Ambiguous Super
I understand. Hopefully you get the remaining offers (:

thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending