The Student Room Group

AQA English Exam 8th & 10th November - Discuss!

Hey...

How are you guys feeling?

Paper 1 -

Paper 2 - What poems do you think will likely come up?

They've never actually asked about the poems Love after Love and This Room. Such a small poem to compare on.

Any views, information on exams?
I belive that either one you mentioned is very likely to come up.
My english teacher is a senior examiner and we've been studying them.

Does anyone think that these come up n if so, could anyone tell me what is very good to write about both? Also, do you know what theme they may give paper one this year as it is based around a theme??? :confused:
Original post by TheFootyKing19
Hey...

Paper 1 -

They've never actually asked about the poems Love after Love and This Room. Such a small poem to compare on.

Two Scavengers and Unrelated Incidents should.

I don't think those will come up, even though they haven't for a while.
Hey :smile:

I'm sitting this exam next week as well and im pretty curious about which poems are going to come up!

If there are any examiners on here that could give us any tips or what they think will come up then please let us know! :smile:
They have never asked for Love after love or This Room for the first poem - cluster 2.
Original post by TanishaBellum
Hey :smile:

I'm sitting this exam next week as well and im pretty curious about which poems are going to come up!

If there are any examiners on here that could give us any tips or what they think will come up then please let us know! :smile:

My English teacher is a senior examiner and we have been doing Love After Love and This Room. So by him I reckon one of them will be mentioned. I have been looking through June 2009 paper n they mentioned Half Caste so it is unlikely that that will be mentioned again as it was three exams ago.
Reply 6
I have a feeling it will be Unrelated Incidences, but to be honest I don't think you can predict it...

And I'm quite confident with poems, description, persuasive but I'm pretty bad at the reading section. What about everyone else?
Thanks for that! :biggrin: final moments of preparation...! how did you find the paper today? or are we not allowed to talk about it? 8-) LOL :s-smilie:
I thought that the paper one was easy to understand and the items for the reading section were not too text dominated. I also liked the writing section, with some good argue, persuade and advise as well as a argue and persuade question.
I can tell you that it will not be limbo or presents from my aunts in Pakistan as they came up in the June paper this year.
Reply 10
question 3 on paper 1 was very difficult the way it was worded. We were asked how language was used in a 5 line paragraph i really did'nt understand this is just talked about
G- Genre
A- Auidence
P- Purpose

And on paper 2 tomorrow iam hoping presents from my aute in pakistan do not come up also search for my tonge as i cant relate to these.
Reply 11
Took exam today, it was 'What Were They Like?' for cluster 1 and 'This Room' for cluster 2 - not the best for me as never done 'What Were They Like' and I don't really get 'This Room'.
Reply 12
Original post by iBradders
question 3 on paper 1 was very difficult the way it was worded. We were asked how language was used in a 5 line paragraph i really did'nt understand this is just talked about
G- Genre
A- Auidence
P- Purpose

And on paper 2 tomorrow iam hoping presents from my aute in pakistan do not come up also search for my tonge as i cant relate to these.

when the examinors ask about language, they mean devices like rhetorical questions, similies, metaphors, hyperbole, repetition, alliteration and use of fact and opinion, that sort of thing.. i think we were expected to study the text, point out these devices, quote them and then explain why each one is used and what effect it has on the reader. Point Evidence Explain= PEE! :biggrin: thats what our teacher told us when they ask for language, hope this helped. :smile:
did anyone do the describe and if u did which one did you do and what did you write about
Original post by TheFootyKing19
Hey...

Paper 1 -

So what poems ended up coming then? This room and love after love?
Original post by daleksRus
Took exam today, it was 'What Were They Like?' for cluster 1 and 'This Room' for cluster 2 - not the best for me as never done 'What Were They Like' and I don't really get 'This Room'.

Oh right, thanks.
+Me niether. I think This Room is WAY harder than, say, Presents or something.
What was the question?
What did you compare it to?
THANKS A BUNCH xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending