The Student Room Group

Oxford interviews - accommodation

This might sound like a stupid question, but do those coming to Oxford for an interview get given their own room? I'm staying at Hertford and am unsure. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Yes. Right now it's a bit cold to expect everyone to camp out in the quad in the big tent, even if you did remember to bring a sleeping bag, which many don't.

:sheep:
[Mild apologies for sarcastic reply to your Q, especially given it's your 1st post!].

Single rooms are the norm at all colleges for students, and it's a student room they'll put you in. Even if the college has shared rooms, if they use them for interviewees, you'd get single occupancy on the grounds of equal treatment / fairness.

:sheep:
can you bring any guests with you?? like a guardian or sibling?
Original post by OfficialTanzeel

Reviving a five year old thread ? I doubt u are going to get an answer.
Reply 5

Hi, it might be best to check your email, as there were attachments on mine (from Merton) explaining accommodation. I think it's pretty much applicants only though.
(edited 8 years ago)

I highly doubt it. Given the number of students interviewing, colleges probably won't have rooms to spare.There might also be fire and safety concerns about letting non-interviewees share a room with interviewees.

If your guardian or sibling wants to come along, I would suggest getting alternative accommodation in Oxford (eg hotels, airbnb)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending