The Student Room Group

Moving Out - the last time

I'm not sure there will be many on here who have done this yet, but I've recently been wondering this: When does someone know that they've moved out of the family home, and they are VERY unlikely to be moving back in? Asides perhaps from the obvious of getting married or cementing a long term relationship by moving in together, is there any way to really know?
I'm living with my dad just now and have been since I finished university 5 months ago, but I'm moving out again next month, and shifting everything again is annoying. But I was also thinking, it's likely I'll be back at some point on a semi-long term basis so I don't want to move EVERYTHING, although I don't know why I think this given I'm moving for a permanent post in another city. Probably because of my future postgrad plans.
Anyway, bit of a ramble, hope people understand what I mean and have some advice :smile:
Reply 1
I got a job about 80 miles away and bought a flat. I think it's fairly unlikely I'll ever move back in with my parents for a long period of time, even if I get a job in that area in the future.

I've moved pretty much all my stuff out of my parents house. That's partly because my parents wanted the space. I go back there on weekends quite often and it's a bit annoying that I don't have any of my stuff with me (like games consoles).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending