The Student Room Group

Friendships

I don't see the point of making friends if they don't last. I know some friends we make turn out not to be good for us or our development-but I think to myself what is real friendship to someone who finds themselves moving on from one friendship/friendship group to another.

How do you find friendship-making and do you think it's worth having friendships that don't last long?
Reply 1
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I don't see the point of making friends if they don't last. I know some friends we make turn out not to be good for us or our development-but I think to myself what is real friendship to someone who finds themselves moving on from one friendship/friendship group to another.

How do you find friendship-making and do you think it's worth having friendships that don't last long?

i mean of course id rather make friends with someone i'd stay in touch with for a long time but thats so rare to find - personally that's why i aim to make a lot of friends even if i don't have a 'deep' relationship with them. im looking for more friends outside of school right now because of the friendship-group-jumping issue you mentioned, and just because im more likely to stay close with them after i finish school, so yeah i think it is worth making short-term friendships in hope that some last.

in terms of friendship-making, i dont have a huge circle of friends right now, just some close school friends and a few out of school friends, but i moved around a lot when i was a kid and never joined any social groups in my area - if anyone seeing this wants to make new friends too, reply and we can exchange socials
Original post by hu3
i mean of course id rather make friends with someone i'd stay in touch with for a long time but thats so rare to find - personally that's why i aim to make a lot of friends even if i don't have a 'deep' relationship with them. im looking for more friends outside of school right now because of the friendship-group-jumping issue you mentioned, and just because im more likely to stay close with them after i finish school, so yeah i think it is worth making short-term friendships in hope that some last.

in terms of friendship-making, i dont have a huge circle of friends right now, just some close school friends and a few out of school friends, but i moved around a lot when i was a kid and never joined any social groups in my area - if anyone seeing this wants to make new friends too, reply and we can exchange socials

I'm interested in making new friends-so if you want to DM me we can do just that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending