The Student Room Group

MSc Clinical Animal Behaviour - University of Lincoln

Does anybody know if it is possible to apply for this course without having a prior degree? The entry requirements state 'First or upper second class honours degree in Life Sciences or equivalent experience.' What is equivalent experience?

For some background, I don't have a degree but have spent the last 9 years in veterinary practice and the last 5 years as a registered veterinary nurse. I have completed significant CPD in that time giving me 3 certificates through ISFM. I am very keen to study animal behaviour.

It seems increasingly unlikely that I can attend uni to do a full time undergraduate course. I am not in a position to move away from home and financially don't think I would be able to do a full time course. There seems to be no part time undergraduate courses in animal behaviour and none enabling distance learning.

At Masters level, I have found part time courses and distance learning courses in animal behaviour but I obviously don't have the required undergraduate degree. How can I achieve 'equivalent experience'? Has anybody else done anything similar? I am even considering Compass Education Courses at Level 5 and 6 as these allow distance learning at higher levels but without significant cost or having to move away.

Any advice would be greatly received. I feel like unless you have significant money or family behind you, higher education is out of reach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending