Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive just finished my first term of university studying Philosophy...
    i'm not really enjoying the course so far, and as that my flat caught fire 2 weeks into the term so ive been relocated a few times and am now living with a group of nightmare people, with the exception of one who has become a really good friend.

Because of all the moving around i've been a bit behind on my course work so i'm not doing well with that, and because of all the catching up on work ive had to do ive not had a great chance to make friends... i also find the city isnt my cup of tea compared to living in a busy place at home...

I am getting a scholorship from my uni and if i were to drop out, it would be to move closer to my home (so i can see my boyfriend more) and to take an art course instead of philosophy. If i drop out ill be living off no money and will have to rely on my parents because id lose the scholorship.

what would you do in my situation?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.