The Student Room Group

Careers Advice

I'm considering switching my course/degree from history and economics to biology/biosciences/human sciences/mixed with social science. Will the degree changes limit my career opportunities in the future as I still want the comfort knowing that my degree can still get me a job in finance providing stability. The reason I changed was because I hated it and dropped out after one semester and I hated the social life. I would love to go into a career I enjoy but I also want a good salary and I'm afraid I will regret dropping out from a course that is arguably better in terms of career prospects/salary to one that I enjoy with interest but with a worse salary.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Zyan265
I'm considering switching my course/degree from history and economics to biology/biosciences/human sciences/mixed with social science. Will the degree changes limit my career opportunities in the future as I still want the comfort knowing that my degree can still get me a job in finance providing stability. The reason I changed was because I hated it and dropped out after one semester and I hated the social life. I would love to go into a career I enjoy but I also want a good salary and I'm afraid I will regret dropping out from a course that is arguably better in terms of career prospects/salary to one that I enjoy with interest but with a worse salary.

Do the subject you are best at. Thinking you can chase the money and ignore the work is naive and just doesn't work out. Pick one thing and stick at it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending