The Student Room Group

The fate of the Middle East?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effofex
When did he/she say any of this?

He is or is family are from Somalia, the only way they came to Britain as through Asylum. I don't know many highly skilled Somalian university graduates on teir 1 do you ?
Reply 41
Original post by MeowKittenMeow
He is or is family are from Somalia, the only way they came to Britain as through Asylum. I don't know many highly skilled Somalian university graduates on teir 1 do you ?

How do you know he isn't a student? Or just ethnically Somalian? He could have citizenship of an EU member state.
Original post by effofex
How do you know he isn't a student? Or just ethnically Somalian? He could have citizenship of an EU member state.

Somalians can only come to Europe through Asylum. I am not interested in having a discussion with you so please don't qoute me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
Somalians can only come to Europe through Asylum. I am not interested in having a discussion with you so please don't qoute me.

Rubbish. They can apply for a work visa to any EU member state. Since Somali is likely to be a 'Level 4' nation given the weakness in its currency and purchasing-parity power, a Somalian applicant for a work visa in the UK would need far less in GBP than a Qatarian applicant would.
The middle eastern countrys that diversify will continue to do well. those that dont will go back to being poor. pretty obvious really. might cause more middle eastern tension and more excuse for them to kill each other when there is a massive division of wealth.
Original post by SomaliMan
Lool, I never said the Chinese were gonna help us because of our religion, but because they want to get rid of the west to, US vs Iran, China will be on Irans side trust me.

China doesnt want rid of the west. They make too much money from the west. China wants what every budding superpower wants and thats the recognition and respect of their position.

Original post by SomaliMan
Ungrateful. Reading history helps you know. Africa/Asia wouldn't be in the mess its now was it not for you and your 'help'.

Putting 2 or sometimes even more reaching in the dozens, ethnic groups/religions together in one country, let them fight while you take the resourcse...let some of them stay in your country to show the world how nice you are....

without our help your african countries would be worse off than now and youd still be slaughtering millions over pathetic tribal disputes. those disputes and hatred were around centurys before any westerners came along.

christianity and islam are as bad as each other for the way they have ****ed up africa. Somalia is a prime example of islam ****ing things up.

and before you criticise the west for weapons in africa, remember that the vast majority of weapons there are russian and lately chinese in origin. Someone was always going to supply weapons where a demand exists, be it spears, machettes or AK47's and landmines......

oh yeah who is it doing the killing in africa?? oh yeah its your own people killing each other for no good reason.

oh and resources such as oil etc should have bought wealth to those african countries. You are certainly paid plenty for the resources but its not our fault if your own governments are so corrupt that they **** the people and keep it for themselves.
Original post by effofex
Rubbish. They can apply for a work visa to any EU member state. Since Somali is likely to be a 'Level 4' nation given the weakness in its currency and purchasing-parity power, a Somalian applicant for a work visa in the UK would need far less in GBP than a Qatarian applicant would.

Whta part of leave me alone do you not understand. I am not interested in conversing with you, please go stick your nose somewhere else.
Reply 46
Whta part of leave me alone do you not understand. I am not interested in conversing with you, please go stick your nose somewhere else.

I don't really care what you say. What are you going to do if I quote you - cry?
Original post by effofex

Weakness in its currency and purchasing parity power :confused::confused::confused:

Somalia is a war torn islamic fascist state. It has not functioning government, it is completely lawless there are no universities or secondary/primary schools and Somalia has nothing that comes close to resembling an economy. Any Somali in Europe most certainly came as an Asylum seeker. Somalians are incapable of migrating here through the highly skilled route. You are being ridiculous to suggest that this would even be possible.

I mean just look at pictures of Somalia -

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by GreenEyedGal
Weakness in its currency and purchasing parity power :confused::confused::confused:

Somalia is a war torn islamic fascist state. It has not functioning government, it is completely lawless there are no universities or secondary/primary schools and Somalia has nothing that comes close to resembling an economy. Any Somali in Europe most certainly came as an Asylum seeker. Somalians are incapable of migrating here through the highly skilled route. You are being ridiculous to suggest that this would even be possible.

The war does not encompass the whole of Somalia (according to some Somalian friends I have in London). I'm not sure how easy naturalization is for a Somnalian in nearby nations such as Egypt, Sudan or Kenya (where there are obviously functioning universities). I'm fairly sure there must be a semi-functioning (ex)-government education system in the southern regions of Somalia. It may be the case that SomaliMan is an ethnic Somali but a citizen of an EU member state rather than a Somali citizen. It is apparently safe enough for my friends to fly into Mogadishu for holidays etc.
Original post by effofex
The war does not encompass the whole of Somalia (according to some Somalian friends I have in London). I'm not sure how easy naturalization is for a Somnalian in nearby nations such as Egypt, Sudan or Kenya (where there are obviously functioning universities). I'm fairly sure there must be a semi-functioning (ex)-government education system in the southern regions of Somalia. It may be the case that SomaliMan is an ethnic Somali but a citizen of an EU member state rather than a Somali citizen. It is apparently safe enough for my friends to fly into Mogadishu for holidays etc.

If he was born in Europe then his parents were asylum seekers. As I stated before, there has not been a functioning government in Somalia years. There is nothing resembling an economy, no kind of education system. It is pretty much the worst place on earth and has been for decades. It is NOT possible to apply for work permits to Europe. And I do not believe for one moment that your Somali friends hop on a plane to some war torn hellhole for holidays.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
If he was born in Europe then his parents were asylum seekers. As I stated before, there has notbeen a functioning government in Somalia years. There is nothing resembling an economy, no kind of education system. It is pretty much the worst place on earth and has been for decades. It is NOT possible to apply for work permits to Europe. And I do not believe for one moment that your Somali friends hop on a plane to some war torn hellhole for holidays.

But why would they lie to me? I don't think that's the only place they go on holiday to. There must be a rudimentary education system (e.g. up to the age of 15/16) since there appears to be a tertiary system (i.e. university level) too. These are some Somalian universities:

Banadir

* Al-Furqan University, Mogadishu
* Al-Alum and Technology University, Mogadishu
* Benadir University, Mogadishu
* University of Somalia (UNISO), Mogadishu
* Indian Ocean University (IOU), Mogadishu
* Islamic University (IUSO), Mogadishu
* Madinah University, Mogadishu
* Mogadishu University, Mogadishu
* Nilen University, Mogadishu
* Plasma University, Mogadishu
* Shabelle University (SUFA), Mogadishu
* Somalia National University, Mogadishu
* Somali Institute Of Management and Administration Development (SIMAD), Mogadishu
* St Clements University, Mogadishu

Bay

* University of Southern Somalia, Baidoa
Gedo

* Bardera Polytechnic, Bardera
* University of Gedo, Bardera
Hiiraan

* Hiiraan University, Beledweyne
* Plasma University, Beledweyne

Jubbada Hoose

* Kismayo University, Kismayo
* Plasma University, Kismayo
Puntland

* Bosaso University, Bosaso
* Bosaso College, Bosaso
* East Africa University,[1] Bosaso
* East Somalia University, Qardho
* Mogadishu University (Puntland branch), Bosaso
* Mudug University, North Galkacyo
* Plasma University (Puntland branch)
* Puntland State University, Garowe
* Gaalkacyo University,[2] Galkacyo
* East Africa University,[3] Galkacyo
* Puntland State University,[4] Galkacyo

Sool

* Sanaag University of Science and Technology (USTec), Erigavo
* Nugaal University, Las Anod

Somaliland

* Abaarso Tech, Hargeisa
* Admas University College, Hargeisa
* Amoud University, Borama
* Burao University, Burco
* Eelo American University,[5] Borama
* Gollis University, Hargeisa
* Hargeisa University, Hargeisa
* Hope University, Hargeisa
* Somaliland University of Technology (SUTECH), Hargeisa

Yes, year-on-year GDP growth appears to be slower than some neighbours (2.6%) and GDP is approx. $5.731bn/yr so I don't think it can be said it has 'nothing resembling an economy'.
Reply 51
Original post by warrenpenalver
The middle eastern countrys that diversify will continue to do well. those that dont will go back to being poor. pretty obvious really. might cause more middle eastern tension and more excuse for them to kill each other when there is a massive division of wealth.

China doesnt want rid of the west. They make too much money from the west. China wants what every budding superpower wants and thats the recognition and respect of their position.

without our help your african countries would be worse off than now and youd still be slaughtering millions over pathetic tribal disputes. those disputes and hatred were around centurys before any westerners came along.

christianity and islam are as bad as each other for the way they have ****ed up africa. Somalia is a prime example of islam ****ing things up.

and before you criticise the west for weapons in africa, remember that the vast majority of weapons there are russian and lately chinese in origin. Someone was always going to supply weapons where a demand exists, be it spears, machettes or AK47's and landmines......

oh yeah who is it doing the killing in africa?? oh yeah its your own people killing each other for no good reason.

oh and resources such as oil etc should have bought wealth to those african countries. You are certainly paid plenty for the resources but its not our fault if your own governments are so corrupt that they **** the people and keep it for themselves.

You are providing generalised stances. Africa is more a lot complex than that.

Somaliland is stable and that is 90% Muslim. I'm not well read on Africa but tbh, the West, China, India and the Arab nations are exploiting this country. :fyi: we can show disgust to China on its human rights, but they seem to be exploiting in a more humane way than the rest.
Original post by Hamesh
You are providing generalised stances. Africa is more a lot complex than that.

Somaliland is stable and that is 90% Muslim. I'm not well read on Africa but tbh, the West, China, India and the Arab nations are exploiting this country. :fyi: we can show disgust to China on its human rights, but they seem to be exploiting in a more humane way than the rest.

Somaliland is a stone age dump just like anywhere else in Africa.
Reply 53

Lol what? Sadat City?
Reply 54

Sure, :wink:
Reply 55
There will be a revolution in the Gulf countries when the oil runs out.
Reply 56
I'm waiting for the day that Dubai collapses. The amount of energy they waste is extortionate. That indoor ski centre for example, that costs loads to keep running and wastes so much power.
Reply 57

Egypt and Mauritius weren't stone age dumps when I last checked.

Oh, because you've been there? What are you basing it on? :s-smilie:

Furthermore there plenty of Beautiful places in Africa. Millions go to different parts of Africa every year for their holiday.

Of course, I could just take you for a pathetic silly little girl who has a very ignorant view of the world. :rolleyes:
Original post by No Man
Egypt and Mauritius weren't stone age dumps when I last checked.

That's the amusing thing, the silly little girl hasn't checked, while you have :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending