The Student Room Group

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011)

Whose sitting the exam, just over a month left now!
How are people revising?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Me....resitting it!

So far I've revised quite a bit. I am retaking all chemistry modules from AS and A2 years in January so the synoptic bit will be easy for me as I have to learn the AS stuff anyway.

Does anyone have document with all the reactions we need to learn on it?
Reply 2
Original post by Darthdevidem
Me....resitting it!

So far I've revised quite a bit. I am retaking all chemistry modules from AS and A2 years in January so the synoptic bit will be easy for me as I have to learn the AS stuff anyway.

Does anyone have document with all the reactions we need to learn on it?

I'm looking for a document with all the reactions in it as well. The closest i've found so far is this http://www.rod.beavon.clara.net/chemistry_contents.htm
its written by the chief examiner for edexcel so it has all the reactions we need to know for A level chemistry
Reply 3
Just constantly going over notes, but the key to this exam, is of course exam practise. Just try to do as much exam papers as much as possible. :smile:
This is my first time doing this exam, so i dont know what questions to expect as the amount they could ask is woaaahhhh content wise. :biggrin:

What do you think they'll ask us???:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 4
Me too! Not looking forward to it that much really. I had one mock at school and got like a D. :frown:
Anybody have the 07/08 papers? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

EDIT: I've found some now! It's okay.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
My teacher today told me that there was no point making people do it since the average grade the first time round was a D so half of the people would end up resitting it in june. I'm doing exam papers and CGP book questions after I've gone over the module. When I do a test and mark it I just go over what I did wrong and do another test.
Not much point writing notes besides for definitions/conditions for a reaction.
The day before I do the more recent exams and on the day I look at the same exams again and quickly recap on it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by brendan.
Me too! Not looking forward to it that much really. I had one mock at school and got like a D. :frown:
Anybody have the 07/08 papers? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

I do, I can PM them to you if you still want them.
Reply 7
Original post by Justbuildingmydam
I do, I can PM them to you if you still want them.

Ah, thanks! I think I just found them now though! Thank you though! :biggrin:
Ah, thanks! I think I just found them now though! Thank you though! :biggrin:

No worries, good luck in the exam :smile:
Reply 9
No worries, good luck in the exam :smile:

And you! ..If you're taking it aswell. :biggrin:
And you! ..If you're taking it aswell. :biggrin:

Thanks! Indeed I am, and I haven't even started revision. I've set two days aside, one for skimming through the textbook and one for doing past papers. :tongue:
Reply 11
Thanks! Indeed I am, and I haven't even started revision. I've set two days aside, one for skimming through the textbook and one for doing past papers. :tongue:

Ah, I don't know how people can do that! I have to get at least 2 weeks of light revision done. :wink:
Reply 12
Some questions are really hard :'[
Reply 13
Original post by Medicz

Original post by Medicz
Some questions are really hard :'[

Which type or should i say which topic you finding hard??
Found this on tsr and thought i should upload it to this thread. Its revision notes based on the specification and they are pretty good.
Reply 15
Anyone got 2849 January 2010 mark scheme?
Reply 16
Or the F334 June 2010 paper?
Reply 17
im really scared :frown:
havent done enough revision as im retaking lots of as modules
Reply 18
Original post by blusher
im really scared :frown:
havent done enough revision as im retaking lots of as modules

Don't worry about it. If you have CGP just use that and do as many past papers as you can. When you get a question wrong read over it even if you know the answer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by ManPowa
Just constantly going over notes, but the key to this exam, is of course exam practise. Just try to do as much exam papers as much as possible. :smile:
This is my first time doing this exam, so i dont know what questions to expect as the amount they could ask is woaaahhhh content wise. :biggrin:

What do you think they'll ask us???:s-smilie::s-smilie:

There'll definitely be a question on polymer chains, probably on PET and nylon 6-6 asking about the polymer chains.
There'll be a long 5 mark question on two of chromatography/distillation/recrystallisation/colorimetry.
There'll be a stupid IR spectroscopy question where you can read off the sheet.
There'll be a question on DNA (maybe on RNA if they're cruel) and peptide bonds and types of structure of proteins linking to enantiomers.
There'll finally be a question on rate equations where you have to describe a way on finding the rate of a certain reaction and a titration moles question.

That's the main trend in the exams I've done and I'm sure 3/4's of the exam will have these questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending